Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Code P1271 Keeps Coming on with reduced engine power. I drive approx 30 miles to work and reduced engine power comes on about half a dozen times, each time requiring me to turn off and restart the engine to clear the reduced engine power.

When this code originally came on it also had codes P1275 & P1280

I replaced the Accelerator Pedal Position ( APP ) sensor. This seemed to work for about two weeks then code P1271 returned with reduced engine power but the other two codes have not returned. I have since put the old APP sensor back in because the new pedal had a different feel compared to the factory pedal, thinking that the problem must be something else since the code returned.

I have replaced the Electro-Viscous (EV) Fan Clutch and wire harness that goes from the fan to the shroud within the last two weeks it had some wires that the where rubbing but had not gone completely through the wire.

I have removed and cleaned the throttle body disconnecting the battery for at least 30 minutes to clear the computer.

I have checked wiring harness from the computer to the gas pedal for any signs of rubbing.

Replaced fuel filter.

Replaced Ignition switch.

Nothing seems to make a difference. Ihave have read all the post i can find on the code.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Please fill out your profile so we know what model and year you have. It sometimes makes a difference.

How many miles?

You seem to have done all the right things. Sometimes, subtle issues like this end up being corroded grounds causing noise on sensor measurements. What do yours look like? Good condition, or are you in a place with salt on the winter roads? Check the engine compartment grounds where they connect to the fender and retighten them. Wire brush if necessary to clean them up.

Also alternator and battery connections.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the vehicle new and it now has 158000 miles on it. It has run fine up until this point
I looked at all my grounds from what i could see they all looked and felt fine.
I have been dealing with this issue for about 6 weeks now I desided to throw in the towel and took it to my local gmc dealer. once I have it back I will post what the solution was so that it might help somebody else in the future.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my problem was with the aftermarket accelerator pedal. I purchased it through Napa,they did give me my money back. I was told that when replacing certain electronic parts you are better off replacing them with OEM. So $315 dollars later :mad: it is fixed.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Thanks for the report, so we're not left hanging forever worrying about you. Sorry the NAPA APP didn't work out - never heard of this happening, but we can pass on what you discovered to others.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
p1271

Hello i just registered with trailvoy today :D and this sie is really great. I recently purchased my TB a few months ago at 60k miles, after driving for a month i was starting to have the same problems you have mentioned. I got the same codes and SES/REP and replaced the APP with a new one but it was after market. It fixed the problem for about a month and than it would go back to SES/REP:mad: So im going to look into getting the OEM APP sensor and see if it works. Also on another note, out of no where my vehicle SES, brakes lights, 4wd lights, ect would go on randomly and started beeping and unknown driver would display in the DIC. It seems like these 2 are linked becuase it only does it if my SES is on and usually it goes away after a little bit after i restart my car from REP :suicide::bonk: So I hope all i need to do is get the OEM APP sensor becuase you had the same things happen to you when you replaced the APP, well see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts