Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just replaced the water pump yesterday, but before then i was getting a SES light, it would come on and then go off well today i drove the it about 20 miles and the whole way it was getting bad acceleration, at about 2-3k rpms during take off and uphill it would cut back a bit. I got to where i was going and let it idle for a while and it said SES. Took it too advance and got code p0171, I need to know a good place to start as far as fixing it? the O2 sensor has never been replaced, It is a 2004 TB 4x4 4.2 I6 with 79K on it, any suggestions?

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just typed in vacuum leak on the net for a trailblazer and it came up with a page that says there a hose behind the dash now i did take the dash out to replace the radio a few weeks ago could i have knocked something loose is there even a hose back there?

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
I just typed in vacuum leak on the net for a trailblazer and it came up with a page that says there a hose behind the dash now i did take the dash out to replace the radio a few weeks ago could i have knocked something loose is there even a hose back there?
Hi,

Your code read "System Too Lean Bank 1"

Check the connections of the O2 sensors, Vac lines on air filters. If you suspect that something wrong behind the dash, you'll be able to hear hissing sound coming from the dash.
I hope others will help more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.