Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have bought the CA6551 security/remote start to install in my '05 Envoy, I have also bought the FlashLogic FLCAN Car Bypas, unfortunately after paying this $$$ on it, I was told (by a non-expert) that I can't install any remote start system on my Envoy because of the factory security system, I'm not sure how true is that, would someone elaborate please?

and if it's doable, what do I need and should I be aware of after the installation?

Thank you

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I was told (by a non-expert) that I can't install any remote start system on my Envoy because of the factory security system
I'm not sure if yours is like ours but if it is, he is incorrect, they make a bypass for integrating remote start.

I looked at the bypass you posted, it doesn't specify Passlock compatibility.

The gmdlbp by expresskit would be an easier alternative

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if yours is like ours but if it is, he is incorrect, they make a bypass for integrating remote start.

I looked at the bypass you posted, it doesn't specify Passlock compatibility.

The gmdlbp by expresskit would be an easier alternative
its the same as the ones you've got, i'm pretty sure there isn't anything different. mine is the SLT.

are you sure about the passlock issue? because I have bought it after checking that and i remember i saw it works with my car.
here is their website http://www.idatalink.com/flashlogic/

thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
its the same as the ones you've got, i'm pretty sure there isn't anything different. mine is the SLT.
I've been burned by differences in the export models before, so I try to include the fact that there may be some differences.

are you sure about the passlock issue? because I have bought it after checking that and i remember i saw it works with my car.
here is their website http://www.idatalink.com/flashlogic/
Looks like you are right! There was no mention of Passlock in the specifications that audiosavings listed for the flashlogic unit. They listed "Data Immobilizer Bypass" which could be interpreted a few ways. Your link clarifies that it can be used for your application.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been burned by differences in the export models before, so I try to include the fact that there may be some differences.
Well, lets hope for the best :D

Looks like you are right! There was no mention of Passlock in the specifications that audiosavings listed for the flashlogic unit. They listed "Data Immobilizer Bypass" which could be interpreted a few ways. Your link clarifies that it can be used for your application.
wooo,, thanks for rechecking again, I was scared I would have to order the one you told me about and wait for another 2 weeks to arrive.

appreciate your reply, if you have any advice before i start the installation, please let me know :)

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
I actually have been looking to install a viper system into my car! I was told by best buy that they program the FLCAN to work into the car.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
appreciate your reply, if you have any advice before i start the installation, please let me know :)
Read this how-to! Although you aren't using the equipment that was used in this install, the connections in the truck are the same.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=65742

Also I can't remember if I mentioned this in that thread but it's easier to grab the brake switch signal in the flasher harness (white wire) then at the brake switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts