Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I have an 06 Envoy and the bulb is out at the same place as yours........what a co-in ki-dinky........

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes.. go with a nice bright white.. or Red
:iagree: I really liked the red dash lights on my '92 Bonneville. :m2:
Cool, cool, I had a feeling blue would be blah:laugh:

From what I've read, whites in the cluster do not turn out good, Im really thinking about red now:undecided:D

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
is there anyway to get rid of the blue overlay in the cluster so you can get a pure white light showing??

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I replaced all of my lights with white LED's but the dash for some reason turned out blue! It looks bad with my setup. I don't know why it turned out that way though. I'm guessing that the gauge face has a blue tint to it :undecided

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I replaced all of my lights with white LED's but the dash for some reason turned out blue! It looks bad with my setup. I don't know why it turned out that way though. I'm guessing that the gauge face has a blue tint to it :undecided
Thanks man, I knew i read that somewhere!

I hope these reds don't turn out purple:laugh::duh:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope these reds don't turn out purple
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Well here I sit with the cluster broke down, and sure enough there is a translucent layer of blue film that is integrated into the gauge display face.

I have done all the door switches, headlight switch, rear hvac, homelink, voice recorder, wiper switch, and 4X4 switch, and they all match perfectly, this def screws everything up!

:suicide:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Well here I sit with the cluster broke down, and sure enough there is a translucent layer of blue film that is integrated into the gauge display face.

I have done all the door switches, headlight switch, rear hvac, homelink, voice recorder, wiper switch, and 4X4 switch, and they all match perfectly, this def screws everything up!

:suicide:
Lets see some pics............

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I dont have pics of the headlamp switch or ddm

believe me, they are red irl:yes:

Since I already had the cluster apart, I replaced both tach bulbs w/ red just to see what it would look like.....well, its not pretty:(

Im looking at usspeedo gauges, looks like you can get them without the blue tint

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
please post the pics of the cluster, i want to see what it would look like lol, i was thinking about doing it, but not if its super purple

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
please post the pics of the cluster, i want to see what it would look like lol, i was thinking about doing it, but not if its super purple
Its not bad, but because of the film they are nowhere near as bright as the rest of the interior lights....Ill have pics up sometime this week....I have to replace the battery gauge stepper motor and while I have it out (again) Im going to replace the rest of the lights with red leds to hold me over until I get the cash for the us speedo overlay

and, for anyone who is interested, the manual hvac will be getting leds as well:undecided

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
To be honest.............IMO it looks pretty good! I give you a :thumbsup:.....I like it....looks different.........do you want to do mine???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts