Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought an 08 TrailBlazer about a month ago, been on this site since then checking things out, first time posting.

I have noticed a problem with mine...three times now, I was driving down the highway and there was a clunk and a jerking feeling, then I noticed the Auto light was on and the 2wd light was flashing, even though the selector was in 2wd. Twice, it went out on it's own. The other time it happened, the Auto light stayed on, 2wd was flashing, it smartened up when I shut it off and back on again.

Also there is a noticable clunk when I slow down quickly at a light, and sometimes when I take off.

Going to take it to the dealer this week, but just wondering if anyone else had something like this happen and what the problem was. It's on warranty, only has 28,000kms on it.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
96 Posts
"Also there is a noticable clunk when I slow down quickly at a light, and sometimes when I take off. "

I have had this happen a couple times..however on mine it is unpredicable. Definitely mention it to the dealer as I will next month during inspection. I don't feel it's warranted a special trip at this time....

As for the other problem, I had something a bit similar at 16K miles, and yet not quite fitting your whole description, when I had stabilitrak wiring issues. In order to alleviate the problems I was experiencing, I was voluntarily turning off the stabilitrak/traction control button on the shifter, which made the transfer case performance erratic....in any event, could be a number of things, but I am no where near knowledgeable enough to give advice....sorry.

Have you done a search on this forum for your issues? I highly suggest that as a first line of defense.:yes:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The clunk could be a loose part in the rear axle mounting links (control arms or panhard bar) or a sticky slip yoke at the transmission end of the drive shaft that needs to be lubed. That's been blamed for some odd clunking and it's a known problem on other GM trucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The clunk could be a loose part in the rear axle mounting links (control arms or panhard bar) or a sticky slip yoke at the transmission end of the drive shaft that needs to be lubed. That's been blamed for some odd clunking and it's a known problem on other GM trucks.
Yeah, I had done a search and the yoke on the driveshaft sounded like the problem. I mentioned the clunk to them when I dropped it off yesterday, they "couldn't get it to do it for them." Does it for me every time I brake/stop quickly. Oh well, one trouble at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts