Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you guys have been a great help thus far, I didnt' see anything searching for clicking sound (at least that applies to my situation.)

I was getting alternator whine, so I put in the radioshack ground loop filters.

Now when the vehicle is on I get a constant clicking sound constantly from the speakers wether the stereo is putting audio out.

I have removed the filters from the GMOS-4 end of the connection so there's no audio coming from the stereo, or through the ground loop filters and it still does it.

I re-did all of my ground connections to be a lot neater than they were to be on the safe side.

I'm stumped... it doesn't seem to match anything I'm doing in the vehicle, doesn't toggle with the AC.

I'm wondering if my GMOS unit is possibly bad?

I've got an email off to the GMOS guys, but I'm not holding my breath for a speedy response.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got it figured, out...

I put a ferrite loop on each of the RCA's oging into to the GMOS-04 and that cleared it up.

first time I've ever seen those things actually do anything other than make one end of a cable weigh a lot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had the same problem with my rca for my subs, and i used some house rca to switch as a test and it fixed it so i went out and got a different set of rcas and problem gone. but i still have all the feedback like your saying you used to. what did you say you got from radio shack?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I re-ran all of my grounds more securely and it got rid of most of the alternator whine.

I'm probably at some point going to move 2 of the devices I have attached to that ground elsewhere to get more out of it...

but if you can't do that, you need a ground loop isolator from radio shack, however there is a noticable degradation of sound quality with those as they don't get rid of the whine, they just filter out those frequencies from passing, so all of my music sounded muffled.

--
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts