Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an increasingly bad problem with the "automatic" side mirrors on my 2007 Saab 97x. As the vehicle "adjusts" to the whichever key is being used, it is supposed to move the mirrors / seat / peals / etc. to either position 1 or 2. However, what happens is that EVERY TIME it keeps moving the side mirrors all the way up, to the point that they "click" out, and it still keeps trying to move them up even more.

I then have to roll down the window after that nonsense finally stops, and force them into the correct position or I have no visibility with them. That isn't working lately since my power windows stopped working as well... but that's for another day.

Searching the web generally revealed this to be a relatively common issue with GM trucks, e.g., discussed several times in Silverado forums, but I did not find any kind of solution that would work for my car. Some of the menus and such they describe just aren't there in my HUD.

Please somebody tell me what I can do to fix this! Is there a memory chip or a relay I can replace, or even steps to just entirely wipe out the mirror settings for driver 1 & 2.... I'd even settle for a basic step 1 on how to start troubleshooting it... that's how stumped I am.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please excuse the double post.

I found this post: forums.trailvoy.com/showpost.php?p=591233&postcount=10 to finally give a good explanation of the cause of the problem. I cannot post a link even to this site (?!) because my post count is too low.

I originally searched this site for "mirror memory" and got nothing. Then when I searched "memory mirrors" I got a bunch of hits in the archive.

Mostly all saying the same thing: GM told us to go pound sand. Apparently GM fixed this issue in later model Chevys, as this was a big thing in 05-06... but they must have been unloading the remaining dud / defective mirror supplies to their Saab assembly line as late as 07/08 because I definitely got one.

I cannot believe there was never a recall, when a sliding Toyota floor mat becomes front page news, but a mirror that actively resets itself to SKY ONLY visibility and - in the case of a car with compounded electrical failures that make it impossible to adjust the mirrors from inside the car, that gets a pass.

After all, the drive doesn't need to see... we'll all just rely on "blind spot sensors", right? LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.