Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have stainless on their rims? What's the best way to get them cleaned up and looking nice? It's hard to wash them and get them dried without leaving spots. I don't want to use anything on them that will scratch the surface. Is there any type of polish that can be used?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Yes, go to the dollar store and get the really fine steel wool and get your favorite wheel cleaner and clean them up with that, I did the same to some chrome rims i got off Craigslist and they look brand new, it takes all the surface oxidation off great.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
NO NO NO....NO Steel wool.....use some meguiars swirl remover.....Steel wool will scratch the living $*it out of them

·
Registered
63 Posts
tell that to my chrome rims if shine was a way of smiling...they'd be cheesin

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
i would have to say +1 on the steel wool pad.. i have a Corsa exhuast on my SS and it has the stainless steel tip.. i use a steel wool pad on that and no scratches on my tip.. i did the same thing on my Dodge Dakota Show Truck.. It had a full chrome smoothed front bumpar.. used steel wool on that all the time, no scrathes...

so i guess the choice is yours Nick.. as you can see there are diffenrece in opinions.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
i use a spray can stainless steel cleaner and polish that is made cleaning and shining kitchen appliances. on the stainless steel on my motorcycle.
you could probably buy at at a grocery store or walmart like i did

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
:iagree:I cleaned many fire stained kitchen hoods in my profession and used many products including steel wool (very fine) and rubber polishing pads and cleaning rub. I see no reason not to use steel wool on stainless!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts