Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i took delivery of the SS wheels today... the guy powerwashed them and said it was going to take some elbo grease to get them like new, soooo he took 50 bucks off!! so final price... 400 bone!!! ok my question is, he let salt sit on them over the winter when he took them off, i know if i use a buffer and buffer pad it shoudl work... is there any compound i shoudl use for this finish on the wheels?? and specisal buffer pad?? i would hate to mess them up now that i finally got them:thx:thx:thx

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Just don't use aluminum polish.:no:
They are clear coated, so use whatever you'd use for the trucks paint if it needed 'conditioned'.
Search the posts, someone had a method that worked for them.

Edit - by the way, great price.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Had the same problem with my wheels and the clear coat. I ended up having my wheels powdercoated but the options are limited once the clear coat gets a bit chewed up. The options are A. have the wheels stripped buffed and re-clear coated, B. Paint the wheels, or C. powder coat the wheels. I went with option C. If you start go get white spidering under the clear coat you can try every product under the sun but it will still be there. If you like the polished look get the clear stripped off get a good aluminum polish, buff the crap out of them and get them clearcoated. I can't imagine having them sprayed clear will cost too much. You have already spent the money on the SS wheels, you might as well go for the gold and get them looking right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts