Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the day off so I decided to clean my Throttle Body and install a K&N filter to the TB. So glad I did. It needed it!

Pictures
1. Used Valvoline Throttle Body cleaner.
2. Bought K&N replacement filter.
3. Front view of throttle body. (Pretty dirty)
4. Inside throttle body. (Hella dirty!)
5-8. Nice and shiny now. (Used entire can of cleaner)
9. New K&N installed.
10. All done. Finished with a sticker. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy
226 Posts
I saw that on the TrueFlow site too but I highly doubt it's true. K&N has a great name for itself and earned it over the years but hey, I've been wrong before.

I have a thought about this dirty throttlebody issue we face. If we relocate the PVC pipe to go direct to intake or into a spacer after the throttlebody, wouldn't that keep it a 100% cleaner. Maybe even just take off the hose all together and just put a breather on the valvecover.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
93 Posts

Hey celishorn... there is a gray clip that would be needed to be slightly pulled out, then press it all together an off we go.
:thumbsup:
I just did my whole system before lunch and drove it to grab something to eat and DAMM!! I wish I have done this sooner! Run great and no lag anymore... :woohoo:

I just hit 40,000 on the TB and it was pretty dirty.

MMFR

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,248 Posts
I pulled my K&N off after about 35K miles of use. Everything looked decent in the intake tube, and my throttle body was no where near as dirty as the pics above. It was cleaned and re-oiled once in that time.

I swapped for the True Flow for a couple of reasons, one of which was a complete CAI kit. Anyone looking for a good used K&N drop in? Shoot me a PM. I'll clean and oil it again. Pics on my True Flow install sticky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.