Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as of Friday, its official, they are going to be out of business with doors closed by the end of March, or so I read.

Their site is completely down, all that exists is a message announcing the closure and some FAQ's:

http://www.circuitcity.com

There are supposed to be some good deals coming, so you may want to keep your eyes on them over the next few weeks as they liquidate their stock.

Of course, the one time I buy an extended warranty, it had to be from them, and as recent as late 2008. For that, they claim the warranties are backed by third party comanies, but we will see what comes of that.

Anyway, many may already know about this, some may not, just an FYI.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Thats crazy.....34000 employess 567 stores in 153 media markets in the U.S.........they won't be closing any in the Canadian market!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
161 Posts
I for one, am glad to see them go!
you got attacked by salesman who couldnt answer simple questions, always out of advertised specials. I got an employee to admit they only had one TV that was on the front page of thier ad!
I guess there is some good news in the bad economy!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,034 Posts
I for one, am glad to see them go!
you got attacked by salesman who couldnt answer simple questions, always out of advertised specials. I got an employee to admit they only had one TV that was on the front page of thier ad!
I guess there is some good news in the bad economy!
:iagree:they didn't know that much about what they were doing best buy is much better around here any way with answering questions and just better over all service:)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
A good deal at Circuit City is the regular price plus a little everywhere else.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
A co-worker was telling me that a few years back their CEO had the great idea to fire all the senior sales staff, and only hire less- knowledgeable less- paid workers. It saved the Co abunch of money, but who wants to buy anything from someone who cant/wont help you out.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Went to my local CC yesterday. Lot of people there looking for bargains. They had 10-20-30% off regular retail on items. TVs, computers, cameras and other hardware were 10% off regular retail. DVD movies 20% off, some accessories were 30% off. No returns.

Have my eye on a camera lens, but need more than 10% off. I'll wait till deeper discounts or do without. :undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
one near me was packed, but i stopped in anyway. Need to do better than 10% off the already high price to get me to buy something from there.

I also noticed some of the products have gone up in price(The aerosmith guitar hero was $40 a few days ago, now it's $50.) Be careful, just because it's on sale, doesn't mean the price is any good.

Keep an eye on Office Depot too. They are closing a few of them down too.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
I also noticed some of the products have gone up in price(The aerosmith guitar hero was $40 a few days ago, now it's $50.) Be careful, just because it's on sale, doesn't mean the price is any good.
NIce. 10% off a product that was just marked up 25%. what a deal.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,034 Posts
one near me was packed, but i stopped in anyway. Need to do better than 10% off the already high price to get me to buy something from there.

Keep an eye on Office Depot too. They are closing a few of them down too.
yeah there starting to hurt from all of this too i don't know if they'll be here much longer either:no:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Probably better!

They put all of the small places out of business an s when you go and ask for a cd that isn't brand new they can never find it. They cant order it for you and people there never know anything. Maybe well see a trend starting to go back to small business.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went in there today to get the info I needed on my extended warranty... :duh:

Their liquidation prices are worse than their regular prices were. You could get the same stuff from CompUSA.com or Walmart for crying out loud. This would explain the current situation they are in. Tons of people were walking out of there empty handed. I think people expected this to be one hell of a deal but they are discovering it is nothing more than something someone mentioned earlier in this thread- 10% off of an item that was marked up 20% from last week :hopeless

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,217 Posts
figures....the one place i have an extended warrenty from
No need to worry about that. CC sold policies underwritten by 3rd parties like Warrantech, NEW, etc. You will be dealing with the extended warranty company if you need service.

I will miss CC. Every major appliance in my house I bought there, back when they still sold washers, fridges etc.

When shopping, I would go to BBuy and CC, and find CC always had a better selection, not just price. I bought both Sony TVs I have there, one 27" CRT set back in '97 because CC stocked the next model up that had audio outputs, BBuy had the $20 cheaper model that lacked any outputs. CC had a better price on my recent Sony LCD set than BBuy, and CC's super-easy online purchase and 24 min pickup at the store. Since I already knew what I wanted I never encountered problems with their reportedly less than knowledgable sales staff.

BTW when the liquidation company comes in to clear out the goods, they set the prices, not CC.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
No need to worry about that. CC sold policies underwritten by 3rd parties like Warrantech, NEW, etc. You will be dealing with the extended warranty company if you need service.

I will miss CC. Every major appliance in my house I bought there, back when they still sold washers, fridges etc.

When shopping, I would go to BBuy and CC, and find CC always had a better selection, not just price. I bought both Sony TVs I have there, one 27" CRT set back in '97 because CC stocked the next model up that had audio outputs, BBuy had the $20 cheaper model that lacked any outputs. CC had a better price on my recent Sony LCD set than BBuy, and CC's super-easy online purchase and 24 min pickup at the store. Since I already knew what I wanted I never encountered problems with their reportedly less than knowledgable sales staff.

BTW when the liquidation company comes in to clear out the goods, they set the prices, not CC.
:iagree: I alwasy thought that on stuff like DVD's and Cd's that their prices were a lot cheaper then BB and they had a much better selection. I was sad when they left the ATL market a couple months ago

1 - 20 of 34 Posts