2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
274 Posts
Plugs fouled?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,610 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What OBDII codes show up when the vehicle is scanned?

Remember it takes 4 things to run - air, fuel, spark, compression. Do you have spark? What is the fuel pressure? Have you changed the fuel filter recently? Is the air filter clean or is it completely clogged from years of neglect?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize for the brevity of my OP. It's a stock 4.2l with fuel injection. I was chasing a p0300 code so I had the air intake tube and plenum thing off so I could access the coil packs but the car wasn't misfiring like it was before I took it apart. So I started thinking the 2 month old air filter or maybe the map sensor was the issue. So I stuck the tube directly onto the throttle body and while the engine was running, covered the open holes on the end of the tube with my hands to, in my mind, simulate a clogged filter. I guess I sealed it a bit better than I hoped because I choked it to death. Now the engine won't start back up.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I would say you need to see what the fuel pressure is. Factory spec is 50 - 57 psi.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
(secretly wondering here) "Did he suck the fuel pressure diaphragm into oblivion?"

(re-wondering, still secretly) "Does he even HAVE a fuel pressure regulator? "I'm sure it does but I will wait for better answers".

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
R, you are in rare form today! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes, your 2003 TrailBlazer with the 4.2L I6 engine does indeed have a fuel pressure regulator. But first, you need to check to see what the fuel pressure is because even with a bad fuel pressure regulator the engine will start and run. It might not start as easily as it normally does, but it will start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts