Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an audio setup in my Envoy with stock radio and I was wondering if any of you guys know how to lower the chime volume or instructions on how to take it off. I know its controlled by the radio and once I change it it will be completely gone but I dont plan to change the radio since the truck will be my daily driver and I dont want to be dealing with STEALERS. Is there another way to remove the chime cause by now its really driving me crazy by how LOUD it is. And i mean LOUD!!!! Ive heard other Envoy's, by the way my neighbor has an 03, and it doesnt sound that loud like mine. Thanks and all of you all's answers will be apreciated. Once again, Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
155 Posts
I dont think there is a way to turn the chime down. i changed my radio out and when you dont plug the onstar back in the chime is cut off but you also loss your onstar:(. im thinking that there has to be one wire for the door chime and that you could cut it and tape it up. you cant unplug the onstar plug because it has the power wire in with the bunch. I guess check the wiring diagam and see if you can cut the wire or the next best thing would be to change the radio and wiring harness. I know you dont want to do that and i hope i helped you.:m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
252 Posts
Disable Door Chime

Did anyone ever figure out how to remove the door chime?

I replaced my HU a while back with the OEM Nav and when I did that the chime became much louder. I have it set on normal and it is still louddd. When it is on "loud" it can wake the neighbors.

I need to disable it badly.

Please help. I have searched the wiring diagrams and it is so complex

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
you can probably sell your OEM nav for more than the cost of an aftermarket double-din nav... Do that, then you can either ditch the chime, all-together, or adjust it to a more reasonable level. Mine is far too quiet with my GMRC-01. I needed to relocate the box somewhere easier to hear.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Did you buy this when you bought your HU Metra's VT-GMRC-01 GM Class II Data Bus Interface , if I remember correctly there's something in the Manuel that came with that's say if the chime if to loud you can cut something in side of it to make it quitter.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Did you buy this when you bought your HU Metra's VT-GMRC-01 GM Class II Data Bus Interface , if I remember correctly there's something in the Manuel that came with that's say if the chime if to loud you can cut something in side of it to make it quitter.
He said he's using the STOCK head unit, so he's not using an adapter...

As for me, mine is too quiet -- so making it quieter would have the opposite effect than desired.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Sorry I misread what you where saying I didn't realize your unit is still stock so disregard my last message

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
258 Posts
yes u can reduce the volume here is the detail
Press and hold pushbutton 6 with ignition on and radio power off
The volume level will change from the normal level to loud and vice versa
and loud chime will appear on radio display

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
5 Posts
Chime

This same issue is happening to me. I noticed my left door speaker wasnt working and I went to get it replaced. Once I got the new door speakers... the chime was loud enough to wake the dead. I tried to turn the chime down through the head unit but it doesn't do anything. It also sounds like a crackling sound whenever its ringing. I have the factory head unit installed and 4 new speakers... any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
If you intend to keep the factory radio and do not use OnStar, one way you can eliminate the door chime would be to order 2 new harnesses from Metra. 80-2003, and 70-2003. The 80 will plug into the existing wire harness and then allow you to plug/splice the 70 harness into that one and the radio will plug back into the 70... if that helps anyone... I'll try and get the pin# for the specific wire in the existing harness that controls the door chime, that would make it easier and of course cheaper, but off the top of my head right now, I can only think of those harness numbers that would do it. :m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
For those of you who have GMOS harnesses:

Chime Too Loud/Soft:
There are some instances where the chime is too loud or too soft.
To resolve this follow these steps:
1. Make sure the ignition is turned to the “off” position.
2. Disconnect the 14 pin and 16 pin wire harnesses from the GMOS-04.
3. Locate the potentiometer on the left side of the module, this is the Chime potentiometer.
4. Taking a small flat headed screwdriver, turn the potentiometer clockwise to decrease the chime level; turning
the potentiometer counterclockwise will increase the chime level.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
252 Posts
You could be my new best friend. I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but it works on the OEM Nav? Pictures would be awesome if not, I will try my best to take some. Hope this works!

For those of you who have GMOS harnesses:

Chime Too Loud/Soft:
There are some instances where the chime is too loud or too soft.
To resolve this follow these steps:
1. Make sure the ignition is turned to the “off” position.
2. Disconnect the 14 pin and 16 pin wire harnesses from the GMOS-04.
3. Locate the potentiometer on the left side of the module, this is the Chime potentiometer.
4. Taking a small flat headed screwdriver, turn the potentiometer clockwise to decrease the chime level; turning
the potentiometer counterclockwise will increase the chime level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts