Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I should be posting this elsewhere, let me know. New to forum. I just bought a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ fully loaded, and I am wondering if there is anything that I should check/service on the vehicle. Mileage 210,XXX, 4WD, owned in Midwest but has minimal rust. It has minimal wear and tear inside and outside. The only major issues that I have currently are a small stall at around 45 mph, it will come out of it if you press the gas a bit( I think it just needs new plugs). Airbag light is on, I do not know why or how to diagnose. I also have a service 4WD light occasionally, I believe this is due to a faulty 4WD switch that likes to move on its own. I have never owned a trailblazer or 4WD vehicle before, and I don't really know what to look for or to expect. Any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,252 Posts
If you don't know the maintenance history, you should do the following;
change front and rear differential fluids
change transfer case fluid, use GM Autotrak II
replace spark plugs, use AC Delco 41-103 Iridiums
replace upstream O2 sensor, located on exhaust manifold
bleed brakes of old fluid
clean throttle body, pull PCM fuses #10 & 28 in underhood fuse box while performing TB cleaning, this will reset PCM.
do a transmission pan drop and replace filter and refill AT fluid

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Sorry if I should be posting this elsewhere, let me know. New to forum. I just bought a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ fully loaded, and I am wondering if there is anything that I should check/service on the vehicle. Mileage 210,XXX, 4WD, owned in Midwest but has minimal rust. It has minimal wear and tear inside and outside. The only major issues that I have currently are a small stall at around 45 mph, it will come out of it if you press the gas a bit( I think it just needs new plugs). Airbag light is on, I do not know why or how to diagnose. I also have a service 4WD light occasionally, I believe this is due to a faulty 4WD switch that likes to move on its own. I have never owned a trailblazer or 4WD vehicle before, and I don't really know what to look for or to expect. Any help or recommendations is greatly appreciated.
In addition to Envoyboys directions, if you don't have the owners manual, here's one to go through. ALL good info for you.
Look through section 7 for GM recommended maintenance.
http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/chevrolet/2002-trailblazer.pdf

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,252 Posts
Robert - owners manuals and other documents can be found at the Resources tab at the top right of the home page.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Robert - owners manuals and other documents can be found at the Resources tab at the top right of the home page.
Thanks.
I am aware of the tab, but, on my computer, nothing has ever opened for me on the Resource tab.
If I'm looking for manuals or RPO codes, I must use other sources to display.
A glitch between my computer and the Resource tab? Don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts