Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
right about 1 hour ago was driving to school bumping music..then out of nowhere "Check Gauges" appears in my dash..once i lowered the volume like about 20-30secs later it disappeared..Weird!..anyone else have had this problem before?..by the way i have a 02 chevy TB 4.2L
running 3000rms at 4ohms on a Dc Level 2 15..1/4 gain if this helps.!

Thanks!

hopefully this is the place were i could get help on this.

EDIT:"the rodie" has been helping me out..problem #1 he said it might be an SPL sensor..problem #2 the vibrations from bumping TDL(too damn loud)like he said.lol. might be causing this also..

EDIT 2:my temp gauge has been moving crazy lately..meaning by that i mean it will stay in normal (half) then out of nowere go to cold then go to half and so on..

EDIT 3:i have 2 batteries..back battery is wired (+) to front and (-)ground wired to metal(sanded paint off)..and amp is wired straight to the battery..if this is helpful.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
OK, now let me give you some ideas. The temp gauge issue should start troubleshooting it by dividing it into two possibilities. The temp sensor is OK and just the gauge is bad, or the sensor and wiring have a problem.

If you know somebody with a scan tool or scangauge, take a look at the ECT value and see if it's being measured properly. If not, change the temp sensor. (Run a search to see where it is, but as a hint, it's on the driver's side of the block near the thermostat.)

If it's being measured properly, then just the gauge display stepper motor might be at fault. Run a search for replacing stepper motors.

I strongly suspect it's a bad sensor, since the BCM would not know to send a data message to the DIC to say "Check Gauges" if the data stream was in spec and only the gauge display was bad.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, now let me give you some ideas. The temp gauge issue should start troubleshooting it by dividing it into two possibilities. The temp sensor is OK and just the gauge is bad, or the sensor and wiring have a problem.

If you know somebody with a scan tool or scangauge, take a look at the ECT value and see if it's being measured properly. If not, change the temp sensor. (Run a search to see where it is, but as a hint, it's on the driver's side of the block near the thermostat.)

If it's being measured properly, then just the gauge display stepper motor might be at fault. Run a search for replacing stepper motors.

I strongly suspect it's a bad sensor, since the BCM would not know to send a data message to the DIC to say "Check Gauges" if the data stream was in spec and only the gauge display was bad.

thanks man!

should be checking on this right after school today..gonna give some of my friends a call..they are "pro" mechanics..they do some nice clean work..so im gona check them out later on today

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.