Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the weather warms up more of us will be enjoying the outdoors and towing our toys. I just wanted to remind everyone to check the pressure of their spare tire for the trailer (also a good idea to check the trucks spair). I have always had a slow leak in my left side tire on my boat trailer so i put some fix-a-flat in it and decide to then switch it with my spare tire. well come to find out the spare was flat. good thing i have the air ride suspension with the air compressor so i just pumped it up and was good to go but if you don't have that it woudl suck to be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire and a flat spare

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Great advice, especially for those without the air-ride suspension! I'm not too worried about my spare tire because I have the air-ride! Funny thing is that I have had many friends who had to use their spare tire and they were very low. Every time I just backed up to them and pumped up their tire! It's funny because they NEVER even knew that my car could do that (let alone ANY car)!

With the Envoy, I've only had to use the spare once, and that was back when my mom had the Envoy!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
Great advice and reminder! I check my spares before every trip.

Another good thing to do is let some air out of your trailer tires to see if they have ozone cracking, especially if its an ST (special trailer) tire. A full tire may "hide" the ozone cracks. STs have a limited life and should be replaced every 5 or 6 years, regardless of how good the tread is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts