Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lol, not quite.

Actually me and afew buddies were really bored one saturday afternoon and our idle minds got to thinking, hmmm, i wonder what a trailblazer sounds like with a open dump?

Well here ya go! this is a completely open downpipe, no exhaust whatsoever, i unbolted the entire catback and just ran it with the open dump for awile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8whqKAdTc

oh and PS- you can really hear how my tranny shifts in this vid i noticed, listen for the 1-2, its FIRM and you can hear my belt slip faintly also if you listen for it during the shift

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah i left it like that for about a hour then it all went back together, nice and quiet again

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I didnt hear the belt squeak man, watched it a few times but I can tell your shifts are nice and firm. Too bad I dont have a video camera to get some clips of my 02, the 1-2 shift squeals the belt every time at 6500rpms haha. (Yes 6500rpms is where 1-2 and 2-3 happen on my 02, it winds up forever)

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
We did that after we did the 318 -> 360 ending swap in my friend's Ramcharger, in High School(manifolds are different, so the exhaust didn't fit)... It's apparently a really good way to burn valves... I didn't know it at the time, but 5 of the 6 people I told about it, mentioned that to me...

Mike

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
I hope to be able to upload the video om my hotrod 4200 on the engine dyno......... try buzzing it to 7100..!

Just for giggles it would be interesting to take your truck to a drag strip and make back to back runs with and without the exhaust system closed up. Bet it picks up 3-4 MPH.

lol, not quite.

Actually me and afew buddies were really bored one saturday afternoon and our idle minds got to thinking, hmmm, i wonder what a trailblazer sounds like with a open dump?

Well here ya go! this is a completely open downpipe, no exhaust whatsoever, i unbolted the entire catback and just ran it with the open dump for awile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8whqKAdTc

oh and PS- you can really hear how my tranny shifts in this vid i noticed, listen for the 1-2, its FIRM and you can hear my belt slip faintly also if you listen for it during the shift

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I didnt hear the belt squeak man, watched it a few times but I can tell your shifts are nice and firm. Too bad I dont have a video camera to get some clips of my 02, the 1-2 shift squeals the belt every time at 6500rpms haha. (Yes 6500rpms is where 1-2 and 2-3 happen on my 02, it winds up forever)
Mine does this also! I wish i knew why? The damn thing is fast though scared the **** right outta my brothers friend! I mean yes he **** his pants, i pulled over and made him walk home! Any how if someone could enlighten me as to why this happens when you get on it hard and it squeaks? That would be very much appreciated!:hail::hail:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.