Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get a code back from the scanner that reads EGR valve or EGR solenoid repair needed? I thought it was odd since my car does not have an EGR solenoid. I thought it might have been the gas cap, tightened it had the lady at the Advanced Auto Parts remove the code. Later on tonight, it came back on. Any ideas? Anyone have this before? Kinda new to the car (about 6 months or so) and it runs fine, now, but it still tripping a sensor somewhere.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
179 Posts
If the gas cap was loose, it could still be that. The computer needs to run a few cycles before the light will go off. It is an environmental thing, it is used to alert you that gases are escaping into the atmosphere. I had the same problem, it went away after say 100 miles or so.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
As Ray stated, we need the code. Without the exact code number, we can only guess. Also, I believe if the code is erased, it will only come back if the problem still exists.:m2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I wasn't given the code number. The lady at the autoparts store just gave me what it read out, not the code. I'll see if they can get the code number when I go in today. I don't think I'm getting a good seal with the gas cap and I think that is it, really. I don't get a pressurized sound when I undo the cap, and I used to get a lot of pressure from my last car. There's no psshhhhhhh sound. I replaced the cap once already (my dad borrowed the car once and managed to break the cap somehow) Even then, it didn't set off an engine code??? So I've had this cap on there for a few months. Looks brand new still.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a different code this time (that or it read it wrong last time? I dunno if you need to input car information prior to reading the code). Anyways, I got p0466 this time. Did the research, seems like a pretty easy fix. Thanks for any input, even though i didn't give enough information before.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
P0466 Purge Flow Sensor Circuit Performance Could be a leak in the canister or a wiring problem. That one doesn't show up in me '03 Service Manual.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
If the gas cap was loose, it could still be that. The computer needs to run a few cycles before the light will go off. It is an environmental thing, it is used to alert you that gases are escaping into the atmosphere. I had the same problem, it went away after say 100 miles or so.
That was my problem, I scanned it and fixed it.

Thanks Bro!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts