Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 04 TB this yr. 44k on it. right away i didnt run right, I have cleaned the tb myself thanks to everyones help... plus I have worked though 2 hvac problems.. Thanks
New problem is as follows.
I am driving down the street and it feels like it back fires or I have been hit from the back slightly.. check engine light reduced power lights are on.
autozone says it is the ECM follow po602 diagnostic procedure.
probable cause
1 ECM failure
2 wrong ECM for vehichle
3 service program error
it also says at the top
contol module not programed
Explanation
Program does not reconize the vehicles ID, or the ID is missing
Any IDEAS on this or should I leave it in the hands of the dealer?
I did unhook the battery for thirty minutes and it seem to be running in the same (not to bad not to good) as before.
THANKS IN ADVANCE. MARK

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Hi,

The code read "Control Mod Programming Error".
My advice is to take it to the dealer and have them check it with their computer. It's able to give you the exact faulty part. You don't have to fix it there. Just get the right news and comw back to this forum to help you fix it yourself.

You need to reprogram the Engine Control Module. Best done at dealership.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Now the damn thing is running like new again, go figure!!!
To me, this sounds like a loose wire or corroded connection. Is it still under warranty? If so take it in. No warranty? Try unplugging the ECM and check the connections for corrosion. I would disconnect the battery first to be safe.:m2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I bought the TB it had a hole where it looks like a security system was put in. When I was working on a HVAC issue I could see some wires under the dash were spliced, which I fixed.. Once in a while it will throw a service
4wd code for no reason... However After I touched the battery cables together and let the cables off for 1 hr or so it runs as though it is new, even with the ac on.... I hate to take it to the dealer when it is running so good even though I use it to deliver pizza and US MAIL.. I am confused as to why it runs so good now.. BTW the problem started after the dealer put in a new fuel pressure reg.......... I guess this thread is dead untill it throws another code. Which I have a feeling it wont be for a long time, for some rerason
We shall see ..... thanks for you help, Mark

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:thumbsup:It's good to hear your truck is cool now but, I myself have never seen ANYTHING fix itself, I sure can't imagine using our trucks for delivering mail as they are not the best at MPGs but you have to admit, you must own the best looking mail truck in the land!! Good luck and be careful out there.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts