Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing on here very recently there was someone selling inexpensive HID kits. I noticed today that one of my fog lights ( H11) was burnt out already. I will try switching the bulbs to see if it is the bulb or ballast. BUT there was someone selling the kits for about 55$. That would be best to get spare bulbs and I would get spare ballasts on top of that.

I tried searching but could not find his posts.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I remember seeing on here very recently there was someone selling inexpensive HID kits. I noticed today that one of my fog lights ( H11) was burnt out already. I will try switching the bulbs to see if it is the bulb or ballast. BUT there was someone selling the kits for about 55$. That would be best to get spare bulbs and I would get spare ballasts on top of that.

I tried searching but could not find his posts.
also; not all bulbs will fit our fog lights' hanh's kit from 3bspec.com. i got my fogs from http://www.infinite-leds.com/catalog/ they are the same length as our oem bulbs; the 3bspec bulbs are longer and hit the cutoff wall. I have on order from them another kit for my highs; but i got the 3bspec.com kit with the new DRL module for the lows; as soon as the infinite-leds kit comes in i will be installing the lows, highs, and some chrome/amber bulbs for the turnsignals to get the amber out of the headligt:yes:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
most likely why I will be replacing all 4 of my ballasts with factory OEM units from Toyota

"Kit" ballasts are horrible :m2:

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had my 2 HID kits installed since June. I got them locally for about the same price as the 3bspec kits. All I wanted was replacement bulbs. I may just go back to where I got the kits in the first place and get more bulbs.

I know other companies make different sizes of the H11 bulbs, but the kit I got locally fit perfectly. So I can either go back to the local place or find another source for my H11 since I already know that 3bspec bulbs do NOT fit in the fogs.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got them off e-bay; if you type in chrome 3757 bulbs i think that there is only like 1 that pops up. I will be installing as soon as my high kit comes in from infinate-leds
Thanks, just bought some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondering if it is really worth it to get the HID's for the high beams, I am going to install the lows in the next few days.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I went out this afternoon since power was out so I was bored. We went for a drive to look at houses, and when I started the truck I checked my fog lights. They seemed kinda foggy on the inside, or so I thought, so I figured I would turn them on and see if they really were. I was only expecting the driver's side to turn on, but they both did.

So now I am figureing that it may have been a loose connection or maybe a moisture issue since we had alot of rain over the last couple of days. So as of now, all my HID lights are working.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Thanks, just bought some.
sweet:thumbsup:

Just wondering if it is really worth it to get the HID's for the high beams, I am going to install the lows in the next few days.
i think that it depends on where you will be driving; if it is mostly urban areas during the day where there are a lot of lights and not much dear then pobably not but if it is farly rural driving then i would say yeah:m2:

Well I went out this afternoon since power was out so I was bored. We went for a drive to look at houses, and when I started the truck I checked my fog lights. They seemed kinda foggy on the inside, or so I thought, so I figured I would turn them on and see if they really were. I was only expecting the driver's side to turn on, but they both did.

So now I am figureing that it may have been a loose connection or maybe a moisture issue since we had alot of rain over the last couple of days. So as of now, all my HID lights are working.
glad to hear they are both working; yeah i have a lot of electricial tape all around the fog housing to try to prevent moisture from getting in

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well all my HID's are still working. So at least I don't have to change any of my bulbs or ballasts.

On a side note I got my chrome bulbs in the mail today and installed them, they are great. I took some pics with my cell but still have to get them to my computer so I will update that later.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Well all my HID's are still working. So at least I don't have to change any of my bulbs or ballasts.

On a side note I got my chrome bulbs in the mail today and installed them, they are great. I took some pics with my cell but still have to get them to my computer so I will update that later.
sweet; i will hopefully be installing mine this weekend. on thursday i am scheduled to have my set of HID highs delvered; so hopefully this weekend i can install Low and High HID's and the chrome bulbs:woot:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts