Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First wanted to say hello to everyone. This forum looks like a great place for info on the SS.

I have a leased 06 SS and all I want to do is make it sound tougher without spending alot of money. Right now it's just too quiet. I've been reading alot of posts on this forum and I'm pretty sure I'm just going replace the muffler and leave everything as is.

Question is which muffler? Borla, Dynomax, Magnaflow, or Aero Turbine? I'm looking for a nice deep growl that V8s are know for.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
26 Posts
Borla Pro XS cost about $100 and install cost me $75 (in LA), but I hear some people got it installed for $20.

I left on the resonator.
Nice rumble, without being annoyingly loud.

Stock Muffler

Muffler Removed

Borla Installed

·
Registered
2007 chevy
75 Posts
I just cut the muffler off and put a straight pipe in it and left the resonator on. It sounds sweet inside and outside, a very slight drone at 40mph until it warms up. It also has a bit of a pop if you rev it, again only until it warms up. I think I will leave it like this until I go Kooks LT and true duals.

·
Registered
139 Posts
get the resonator cut off and add 3" pipe and the stock tip (Resonator is the back peice). It cost me 70 bucks... mine is a lease as well... and it sounds alot better!! :D:hail:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
15 Posts
I cut the muffler out, replaced it with a straightpipe, and left the stock resonator on. Sounds good at idle and cruise, but rev and hard acceleration gives the crappy "glasspack snap" that I hate. I am now thinking of going Cherrybomb 'Vortex' instead of the straightpipe and losing the resonator too. Had a pair of the Vortexes on my '00GT Mustang with a MAC cat-less H-pipe, and dumps in front of the rear axle; sounded awesome, always getting compliments on the sound. I want to get the TBSS as close to that sound as possible.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
241 Posts
i didnt mention e-cutout in my post
And who wants to get under the truck to unbolt a cut out? Even more, who wants to drive around all the time w/ the cutout as an exhaust. Maybe 1% of people. Its just to much for all the time. And ignorant at 2 am.

Cheapest route, cut the resonator off. I've heard it and like it personally. That or just replace the muff.

·
Banned
19 Posts
And who wants to get under the truck to unbolt a cut out? Even more, who wants to drive around all the time w/ the cutout as an exhaust. Maybe 1% of people. Its just to much for all the time. And ignorant at 2 am.

Cheapest route, cut the resonator off. I've heard it and like it personally. That or just replace the muff.

HEY cALM down

1 - 20 of 24 Posts