Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been talking about this amongst ourselves for a long time, so some of this will need the input of the chapter presidents.

Here are the basic requriements that we came up with for chapter members:

• Profile information must be filled in and up to date (Location and vehicle)
  • Gallery must contain at least 3 pictures
  • You must have no less then 21 posts to join chapter.
  • You must attend at least 1 meet, show, or get together (3+ TrailVoy.com members) a year
  • You must stay active as a member on the site (5 posts a month)
  • If you have not been active in at least 6 months you can be removed without warning. Military members are excluded from this ruling.
    You may rejoin after 1 month of activity and a show of interest in the chapter or at the discretion of a moderator or chapter president
    The moderators or chapter President holds the right to make changes as necessary to keep the chapter running in an efficient manner.

Please feel free to comment on the existing requirements or to suggest new ones. We want to prevent people from becoming part of a chapter just because they live in the area, we want active chapters.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
:iagree: That makes sense to me.

Should we consider putting togfether a form or something to fill out, so we can set people up as a chapter member?? Maybe something the president, VP or state rep could report to admin with to show that a person is a valid chapter member?

I'll volunteer for setting up forms if ya'll think it's a good idea.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
I can see this requirement being the biggest problem. I do like this idea and want it to stay, we have so many very active members, that have never attended a meet. I just hope this doesn't hold members away from joining knowing they must attend one, but on the other side it should increase the members who want to be apart of it, to come out to at least one meet, so they meet the requirements.....so this rule is a coin toss, (heads) I want to be apart of this, so I'll go to a meet (tails) I want to be apart of this but I don't want to or have any desire to go to a meet.

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see this requirement being the biggest problem. I do like this idea and want it to stay, we have so many very active members, that have never attended a meet. I just hope this doesn't hold members away from joining knowing they must attend one, but on the other side it should increase the members who want to be apart of it, to come out to at least one meet, so they meet the requirements.....so this rule is a coin toss, (heads) I want to be apart of this, so I'll go to a meet (tails) I want to be apart of this but I don't want to or have any desire to go to a meet.
I see it the same way you do Ed, but I keep thinking "why be a part of a chapter if you are not going to participate in the community events?". Like you said, its a double edged sword :confused:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Does an inter-Chapter meet of 3 persons count as a meet?

We get together with Washington State guys :thumbsup:

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
Does an inter-Chapter meet of 3 persons count as a meet?

We get together with Washington State guys :thumbsup:
I think that would be a very interesting meet...the family and I were thinking of driving up to Seattle for a family trip and maybe sneak on into Vancouver :D

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Yes...A get together consisting 2 or more Members is considered a meet.

I do believe that is what we came up with.
:thumbsup: Cool! (I thought it was 3)

I think that would be a very interesting meet...the family and I were thinking of driving up to Seattle for a family trip and maybe sneak on into Vancouver :D
Trailvoyers must never sneak into Vancouver! You must report to the nearest immigration and food consumption post (as long as it's not McDonalds!) and get together with Mrs. Blazernut and myself! :D

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
Trailvoyers must never sneak into Vancouver! You must report to the nearest immigration and food consumption post (as long as it's not McDonalds!) and get together with Mrs. Blazernut and myself! :D
:laugh:....no problem, I will make sure to have my papers :p

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ed,

Test User has requested to join your group, please allow it.

I just want to see how the whole process goes for a regular user.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
:thumbsup: Cool! (I thought it was 3)

If you ever get close to Seattle, drop me a line for sure and Ill come back from Spokane to meet up. A lot longer of a drive for you than me, plus I can just go to my parents house. Maybe a barbecue around seattle at a park would be cool to get together? Id plan it around when Steve's heading up from CA if so, try and get as many people together as possible.

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
If you ever get close to Seattle, drop me a line for sure and Ill come back from Spokane to meet up. A lot longer of a drive for you than me, plus I can just go to my parents house. Maybe a barbecue around seattle at a park would be cool to get together? Id plan it around when Steve's heading up from CA if so, try and get as many people together as possible.
:thumbsup: no problem, I think it would be a nice get together, maybe you can even cross the border with me and meet with some crazy Canadian members too:laugh::p...I'll would like to meet up with any members from Oregon also, since I have to travel through there too.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
:thumbsup: no problem, I think it would be a nice get together, maybe you can even cross the border with me and meet with some crazy Canadian members too:laugh::p...I'll would like to meet up with any members from Oregon also, since I have to travel through there too.
Haha yea Ill get Bill to come down for sure, he came down in Nov 07 and we were the only 2 regular guys in a sea of SSs haha.

Id be down to see if I cant get some OR guys to Seattle for our meet, I think we have a much better chance this summer if gas prices dont skyrocket like last summer.

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Did you notice?

In the WC forum area I posted a thread letting people know of the "requirements" for membership. I want to let people know that they need to be active to be a member, so I copied the basic requirements to the thread. I also posted some really sucky stuff but never mind ....... I am still a tough hard a$$ when It comes down to following the rules. :D

I have 4 nOObs pending until they can get their post counts up and some pictures posted. I hate turning them away when they were just applying to be friendly and make some connections. I made a suggestion to :hail: Ed to see if we can get an "all encompassing sticky" in regards to requirements. If da man Jman could create a pop up when "applying" that would be great too ...... but I understand that the software has limitations.

And now back to my regularly sheduled programming. :sleepy:

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
350 Posts
:iagree: but if it can't be done..thats no big deal

I have two members..one's been here since '07 and the other is a noob..neither have enough posts, or really anything in their user cp (the noob has NOTHING) and I've just been pming them the rules on becoming a member...

maybe i should steal your idea blazernut and make a post in the northeast forums

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
:iagree: but if it can't be done..thats no big deal

I have two members..one's been here since '07 and the other is a noob..neither have enough posts, or really anything in their user cp (the noob has NOTHING) and I've just been pming them the rules on becoming a member...

maybe i should steal your idea blazernut and make a post in the northeast forums
Absolutely! :thumbsup: It will make you either famous or infamous :excited:

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
I've got the same thing going on here in the South......noobs with no pics and shy on posts.....I'm trying the PM's for right now.....but maybe a pop-up or a sticky is what is needed

1 - 20 of 31 Posts