Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this is an incredibly stupid question......but I can't for the life of me find any of the plugs in my 05 Envoy. (this is iamwildman's wife ...BTW!)

I assume I have to remove some engine cowlings? Help!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found them! I assumed I needed to take the centre cowl off. As soon as I did, I found the coils. The front one is the worst one to do due to the stupid wiring harness housing! Grrrr

Got them done though.....thanks!

Cassandra

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
Ok, I know this is an incredibly stupid question......but I can't for the life of me find any of the plugs in my 05 Envoy. (this is iamwildman's wife ...BTW!)

I assume I have to remove some engine cowlings? Help!
I have just replaced the spark plug boots on my 2004 Envoy & have seen a 40 mile drop in my gas mileage. is there anything i could've done wrong when i replaced them to cause such a dramatic dip? the truck seems to be running fine, except for the repeated trios to the gas pump!:(

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .I don't understand. Why did you replace the boots? Which engine do you have? The I6 or the V8? You may not have a good connection with the plug. Are you getting a CEL?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
i have the 4.2l engine. please excuse me, but im quite new to this sort of thing. The boots were replaced because a friend of mine suggested that i do so, especially due to the fact that i bought it used. i like the intake system that youre using. how is that working for you? i was looking into getting one to help improve my mpg, but didnt want to waste $'s wothout talking to someone who had did it first.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I like the sound of the intake. Can't say it did much for the power or MPG's. I like to think that the CAI and the PCMforless tune together helped. A CEL = Check Engine Light. The light is in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
no, the check engine light has not come on. do you really think that it could be as simple as the boot not getting a good enough connection to the plug or plugs? i'm really at a loss here. maybe i will have my friend take them back off and reapply. do you have any suggestions about how to go about doing that? it seems to be a straight forward process, but im not a mechanic in any stretch of the imagination & figured that i would ask before making a leap into waters that i know nothing about. thank you, so very much for your input. i wish i had known about this site a year ago when i first purchased the vehicle. just out of curiousity, how many mile do you get to a ful tank of gas in your truck?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
I like the sound of the intake. Can't say it did much for the power or MPG's. I like to think that the CAI and the PCMforless tune together helped. A CEL = Check Engine Light. The light is in the gauge cluster.
please, pardon me, but i can be an idiot @ times, but the only bad ? is an unanswered one, but what is "CAI and the PCMforless tune"?:hail:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
159 Posts
You would probably get a misfire code if you did not have a good connection. What brand boots did you install? What brand spark plugs?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
please, pardon me, but i can be an idiot @ times, but the only bad ? is an unanswered one, but what is "CAI and the PCMforless tune"?:hail:
Cold Air Intake= CAI. Just Use the Search for "PCMforless" There are many posts. I don't check miles/tank. However since I don't do a lot of short trips any more , I've been getting about 17-18 MPG in town. I haven't been on a long trip since I got my tune, so I'm still waiting for highway mileage figures.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
speaking of spark plug brand. i have an 02 with the 6 which is the best plug for my tb?

sorry for hijacking
Almost everyone would say the AC Delcos 41-103 iridiums. I have recently swiched to the Denso iridiums after doing a little more research about how they are made. :m2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts