Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Ive been skimming the forums a lot recently, but finally decided I'd post. So here's my first.

My driver side back door window had been making a weird clicking noise for a while and wouldnt move up or down. I took off the door panel hoping to find the glass off the lift or some easy fix, but found that the wire in the motor is all tangled and useless. So I bought a new motor and am just curious if any of you can let me know how to replace the motor

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
Hey BigBad,

There's a few threads out there that try and explain this, but I never came across one that was exact. It's relatively easy though. Disconnect the power cable that attaches to the motor (of course). There are two clamps that attach the riser to the window, loosen those. Then find something to support the glass (prefereably as high as possible). Then you will see 4 bolts at the corners of the riser bars, loosen the top two and remove the bottom two. There's one more bolt in the center by the actual motor, pull it. It takes a little finesse, but all you ahve to do is find the best way to maneuver the riser assembly out. You have to be a bit more careful when reinstalling so as to not kink any of the cables. Then put it back together. Good luck.
And welcome to the site - :tiphat

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat Whenever I've changed window motors I use a long piece of duct tape over the top of the door and down both sides of the glass to hold it up.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
i thought the motor/ regulator was serviced as an assembly:undecided
Yeah, it's all one piece. It's just got the fifth bolt in the middle that secures the motor to the door frame. I have seen them sold seperately though. Don't know how on earth you'd swap that out though with the cables and pulleys.
My wife's Firebird uses gears instead of the pulleys so it's just the motor. I did have to drill blindly through the fiberglass interior door panel and then drill out the rivets. But the stealership wanted over a thousand to replace $100 motors. :bonk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.