Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the change engine oil light started staying on for about 2-3 min,I got the oil changed and reset the system with the key in the on postion and pressing the gas pedel 3 times within 5 seconds.The light still stays on for 2-3 min .It's acting like it's not reseting.Anybody have any ideas?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
If your TB/Envoy has the DIC, that procedure will not work. Instead, browse to the engine oil life monitor page on the DIC and hold down the arrow button until it resets back to 100%. That should work for ya! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried gas pedal trick wirh my 02 envoy and didn't work. Reading further on to ScarabEpic's suggestion and worked. Thanks. Now to see if computer tells me to change oil sooner than synthetic oil says its good for. Although i wont go to 20,000 like oil advertised but we'll see.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
116 Posts
how much would it cost to restore a Chevy Trailblazer 4x4
How long is a string?
There's really not enough information provided to give a good answer. What's wrong with the TB? Is the engine and drivetrain in good shape, or is it all toast? What's the body look like? What kind of shape is the interior in? Are you going to do the work or are you going to have it done for you?
Not trying to be sarcastic, but we really need more info.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
116 Posts
Is it a vortec
No, the V6 is not a Vortec. The I6 4200 is a Vortec. I would not spend much time worrying about what it would cost to replace everything, and just concentrate on what is actually wrong with it, if anything. There is a such a thing as "paralysis by analysis" Analysis paralysis - Wikipedia
These vehicles are, in general, pretty tough. If something breaks, worry about it then. ;)

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
270 Posts
No, the V6 is not a Vortec. The I6 4200 is a Vortec. I would not spend much time worrying about what it would cost to replace everything, and just concentrate on what is actually wrong with it, if anything. There is a such a thing as "paralysis by analysis" Analysis paralysis - Wikipedia
These vehicles are, in general, pretty tough. If something breaks, worry about it then. ;)
I hope you realize this is a kid trolling for something to do .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts