Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I changed the fuel level sender on my '05 4.2 Trailblazer. Although it was quite a bit of work in awkward positions, everything seems to have gone back in well, and the new level sender works fine.:thumbsup:

I only have a small problem left now: the check engine light and change engine oil light come on when I start. When the engine starts, the check engine light goes off, and maybe 10 seconds later, the change engine oil light goes off as well. Does anyone know what may cause these lights to come on? Is it because I emptied the fuel lines? Does this go away by itself, or does it need to be reset?:weird:

I appreciate your help!:thx

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
Today I changed the fuel level sender on my '05 4.2 Trailblazer. Although it was quite a bit of work in awkward positions, everything seems to have gone back in well, and the new level sender works fine.:thumbsup:

I only have a small problem left now: the check engine light and change engine oil light come on when I start. When the engine starts, the check engine light goes off, and maybe 10 seconds later, the change engine oil light goes off as well. Does anyone know what may cause these lights to come on? Is it because I emptied the fuel lines? Does this go away by itself, or does it need to be reset?:weird:

I appreciate your help!:thx
The change oil light staying on just mean the OLM thinks it's time for an oil change.

If you have the Driver Information Center feature, go to the percentage of oil life remaining and hold the enter down until it resets.

If you do not, the procedure is to turn the key on, do NOT start the engine and press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times in 5 seconds.
Some people have a lot of trouble doing this. Personally I've never had to do it more than twice.
I think the secret is in timing. Not too fast or too slow.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Super 88. I'm afraid that it must be related to my fuel sender replacement though. I tried your tip for the reset, and this did not work. Also, I know the light has been reset by the dealer recently, so it should not be related to oil change.

So, does anyone have any other thoughts how the fuel system may cause the "change engine oil" to come on for a short time after starting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts