Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rotfl:I was on my way home from the V.A. Hospital (Just a check up) and I was driving at a normal pace no issues. Traffic was rolling nicely and all of a sudden this ass clown in a 2009 Saturn Vue starts riding my ass. I was like what the hell buddy, there’s no where to go chill. He kept on my ass and there was a semi truck wanting to merge into the fast lane so I was more than happy to let him over. As I did he allowed the traffic that was in front of me get ahead by about 600 yards, the second he passed back into his lane I put the pedal to the floor pulling away from the 2009 Saturn Vue at a solid 95+…..He was still there. I was getting pissed but laughed as traffic started to get a little thicker he tried like hell to pass me and I just stayed in the fast lane and watch as he tried to pass me on the right about 5 times with no luck. As soon as I seen a gap open in the right lane (2 lane highway) I hammered the gas again and left his ass in the dust to ride the other cars back to the city. He tried to catch up me to pass me for about 15 miles. As we got into the cities there was a stoplight and we were side by side, I looked over and it was a 40 something old guy. I laughed to myself and said alright lets roll. I have a 2004 Trailblazer LT EXT the only mods I have are TrueFlow Intake and a Custom dual exhaust. So I am sure this is going to be a little close. As the light turned green I laid it down and he did the same, it looked as if he was going to pull ahead and I somehow left him once again behind. I was thinking to myself damn this guy should have bought a TRAILBLAZER.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Reason why I always opt for the largest engine (6.0l), it's fun to put people in their place every once in a while!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
208 Posts
Reason why I always opt for the largest engine (6.0l), it's fun to put people in their place every once in a while!
:iagree: These small displacement guys are why people don't take the SS seriously till they see taillights and wonder if their engine stalled. The mandated world of small cars like the one he dusted scares me though.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Great story man.........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trading in my 2004 TB for an SS TB I am not going to drop $8,000 on a mod engine when I can just trade UP....I need that V8. I can't find a supercharger or turbo for the 4.2 I6

·
Registered
2005 saab envoy_sle_xl
286 Posts
Watch out for the Vue XRs. With that 3.6 it will put a modded I6 to shame. Test drove one, pretty quick.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
That's the differance between my Trailblazer and my Porsche. Nobody ever pulls up to race me while I'm in my Porsche. Why is that?
Tom

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Watch out for the Vue XRs. With that 3.6 it will put a modded I6 to shame. Test drove one, pretty quick.
thats when you pull up in an SS and just blow the doors off of the Saturn :crackup:

That's the differance between my Trailblazer and my Porsche. Nobody ever pulls up to race me while I'm in my Porsche. Why is that?
Tom
if i pulled up next to you in my SS i would give it a shot :raspberry..gotta know where i stand...My boss has a 94-96ish?? Porsche Carrera II Turbo..making 350hp at the rear wheel :excited: would love to get the chance against that thing.. He's got an '84 porsche that i just blew the doors off of it..its just your basic porsche looks like it got hit in the ass :crackup: no wing on it nothing...

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
23 Posts
Cool story.

My wife has a Saturn Vue -- the one with the four banger. We test drove the 6 when we bought hers and it has some serious low end torque. Probably comes off the line pretty quick too.

I got used to dusting guys at metered freeway onramps with my humble Mazda3. Except for one guy who often got on the freeway at the same time as me some mornings who has both a Porsche Targa and a Porsche Cayenne.

I'll be laying low with my Trailblazer ... for me, at least at this point, it does not seem to invite hard driving as much as other cars I have had. As long as this is the case, the state and county will miss taking my money ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts