Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a women in a 2001 pontiac grand am hit the front of a 2000 chevy work van and then turned right into the passenger side of me at 60 mph and then pushed my back end into the concret wall. In the end it caused $7,600 worth of damage. I though i was going to loss my tb and i just got it 6 months ago:sadcry: When it gets out of the shop ill post the after pictures. Should be 1 to 2 more weeks.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Yes, lots of people shouldn't drive.. altho sheet happens, I saw 2 very bad accidents on I85 today on the way home from GA, one of which was on my side of the road and I spent 20 minutes waiting in.. If ppl would watch out and pay more attention, this sorta thing wouldnt happen much.. Good luck on getting it back to the way it was, hopes it drives the same for ya! Some lady backed into my TB at work not a week after I got it and did 1k worth of damage, I was not happy that someones not paying attention would cause damage to my TB I work hard for..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, lots of people shouldn't drive.. altho sheet happens, I saw 2 very bad accidents on I85 today on the way home from GA, one of which was on my side of the road and I spent 20 minutes waiting in.. If ppl would watch out and pay more attention, this sorta thing wouldnt happen much.. Good luck on getting it back to the way it was, hopes it drives the same for ya! Some lady backed into my TB at work not a week after I got it and did 1k worth of damage, I was not happy that someones not paying attention would cause damage to my TB I work hard for..
Thanks and yeah thats the problem they werent paying attention and they both came into eachother? I was just driving home from college on I-26 minding my own and i hear tires squilling and see the front of her car at my hood. the only good thing is she hit above the frame and didnt even get near the frame.

Can they just write you a check so that you can go buy a non-wreaked TB.
I wish they could but it didnt do enough damages to it. Then if it did total i would have had probably been upside down in payments:(. but i think this body shop is really good "it better be" so it should be almost as good as new.:yes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well thats good it didnt get any frame damage.. I havent been in a wreck while driving coming up on 3 years next month and I hope I am never in another one.. Good luck! I dont have far to travel to go home from school!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,682 Posts
I wish they could but it didnt do enough damages to it. Then if it did total i would have had probably been upside down in payments:(. but i think this body shop is really good "it better be" so it should be almost as good as new.:yes:
This is why you should always invest in "GAP" insurance when purchasing a vehicle. It's well worth it to not be left paying what insurance wouldn't cover in the event that the vehicle was totaled. At least you're able to get it fixed with no hassle though. But as always, the main thing is that you came away alive and unhurt by the sounds of it! :yes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is why you should always invest in "GAP" insurance when purchasing a vehicle. It's well worth it to not be left paying what insurance wouldn't cover in the event that the vehicle was totaled. At least you're able to get it fixed with no hassle though. But as always, the main thing is that you came away alive and unhurt by the sounds of it! :yes:
Thanks. If someone would have explained the gap insurance i would have got it but the dealer i bought it from barely said anything bout it and didnt even really explain it so i didnt get it. i wish i would cause i could have got a new tb:D. I finally find out bout gap after i get in a wreck, just another way for the insurance to screw you over.:bonk:

Well thats good it didnt get any frame damage.. I havent been in a wreck while driving coming up on 3 years next month and I hope I am never in another one.. Good luck! I dont have far to travel to go home from school!
I dont have to bad of a drive either its bout 35 mins from chapin to columbia. the traffic sucks but not that bad of a drive. The only good thing is that i found out how good gm made the tb to take a crash like that. cause after the wreck i drove the truck another 15 mins. to my house it drove fine but there was soooo much wind noise coming though the cracks in the doors.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,682 Posts
Thanks. If someone would have explained the gap insurance i would have got it but the dealer i bought it from barely said anything bout it and didnt even really explain it so i didnt get it. i wish i would cause i could have got a new tb:D. I finally find out bout gap after i get in a wreck, just another way for the insurance to screw you over.:bonk:
After hearing what a friend of mine went through without it, I made sure to get it on the past few vehicles that i've had. Well worth it. Like you said, insurance companies will always find a way to squeeze every penny out of you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
And gap insurance isnt really that much more, I think last time I was offered it it was like 6 more a month.. I didnt purchase it on this trailblazer b/c it is worth a few thousand more than I owe on it so that wouldn't be a factor. Since it was the other persons fault, wouldn't there insurance have to pay for the rest? It sounds like that would be the case, atleast I know I would get them to.. I drive about 20 mins to get from Montgomery to Prattville where my mom lives, but I live in Montgomery..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no the other insurance will only pay what nada says the vehical is worth and if you owe more on it then ur just s**t out of luck. that is not right by no means but the insurance is just here to scew everyone over and take all your money.:yes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think I could find a way to make them pay for it, haha.. I happen to love my insurance company, they have always been really helpful with me, Im sure I have asked for over 100 quotes in my 6 years of driving.. I have State Farm and they are really fast on anything I want, and my full coverafe insurance is $154/month and thats with good student, a wreck, and a ticket, I thought that is a great price considering what all I have had, its always been around the same, it was like $210 a couple months ago when I didnt even think of good student, ha, love it..

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
Man that sux i know how you feel. At least your all right. When my tb got hit it was by some punk ass kid in a mustang doin 100mph:weird: in a 35 zone. he hit the right side right after the rear tire goin about 90. My truck did a full 360 and when it landed all the tires popped. The damage total was somewhere around 16000 dollars. They had to replace the frame. I was without my truck for 2 months and my rental coverage was only for a month:hissy:. heres a pic

with new frame

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
152 Posts
There's an awful lot of damage to the B-pillar there. I don't know as if I'd want it back after it's repaired. I'm betting you have horrible wind noise from that side since they'll most likely never get it completely straight. The insurance company will be kicking themselves for insisting on repairing it when the bill creeps over $10k considering the fair market value being so low right now...

·
Registered
155 Posts
There's an awful lot of damage to the B-pillar there. I don't know as if I'd want it back after it's repaired. I'm betting you have horrible wind noise from that side since they'll most likely never get it completely straight. The insurance company will be kicking themselves for insisting on repairing it when the bill creeps over $10k considering the fair market value being so low right now...
i hope it doesnt but i know i have a lifetime warrenty on the fix so if it has a bad noise im going to want them to fix it. i hope that they do fix it good so everything is almost as good as new, i know it will never be fully the same as new.

Man that sux i know how you feel. At least your all right. When my tb got hit it was by some punk ass kid in a mustang doin 100mph:weird: in a 35 zone. he hit the right side right after the rear tire goin about 90. My truck did a full 360 and when it landed all the tires popped. The damage total was somewhere around 16000 dollars. They had to replace the frame. I was without my truck for 2 months and my rental coverage was only for a month:hissy:. heres a pic

QUOTE]

oh yeah thats a little worse then mine. and thanks and good to here your fine too from that hard of a hit:(

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
I dont think you'll have to worry about any wind noise when its done. Shops these days have alot of technology when it comes to fixing vehicles. The only problem i had with mine afterwards was one of the hinges on the liftgate were bad and they replaced it. And they took my truck completely apart, considering they replaced the frame. If its done at a respectable shop I wouldnt even worry about anything. I also drive my tb very hard on and off road and like i said not really any problems at all. Just my :m2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dont think you'll have to worry about any wind noise when its done. Shops these days have alot of technology when it comes to fixing vehicles. The only problem i had with mine afterwards was one of the hinges on the liftgate were bad and they replaced it. And they took my truck completely apart, considering they replaced the frame. If its done at a respectable shop I wouldnt even worry about anything. I also drive my tb very hard on and off road and like i said not really any problems at all. Just my :m2:
its a good shop and it has a warrenty on everything they fix for as long as i own my truck. so even if something was to go wrong they will just have to fix it again lol.:D

I think I could find a way to make them pay for it, haha.. I happen to love my insurance company, they have always been really helpful with me, Im sure I have asked for over 100 quotes in my 6 years of driving.. I have State Farm and they are really fast on anything I want, and my full coverafe insurance is $154/month and thats with good student, a wreck, and a ticket, I thought that is a great price considering what all I have had, its always been around the same, it was like $210 a couple months ago when I didnt even think of good student, ha, love it..
i have statefarm also but my insurance is 200 a month with good student with no tickets or wrecks for full coverage. which i still think is still to high. and it took the other insurance companies a month to find out who was at fault so in total ive been out of my truck for 8 weeks. i dont get it back till jan. 7.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How old are you? I am turning 22 in a week and that may be while mine is lower if you are younger? I get a reduction every 6 months of some kind. I have had multi-car discounts for a while and maybe that has helped as well.. I am glad it dropped to 154 with good student tho, I better keep my grades up, ha!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How old are you? I am turning 22 in a week and that may be while mine is lower if you are younger? I get a reduction every 6 months of some kind. I have had multi-car discounts for a while and maybe that has helped as well.. I am glad it dropped to 154 with good student tho, I better keep my grades up, ha!
im 19 and that probably has something to do with it but i think thats just a bunch of bs that they just go by statistics of your age and gender to make how much you have to pay.:mad: and i also have the multi-car discount and i know what you mean bout keeping the grades up, its easier said then done lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, I think its bs as well, but you gotta have it, I damn sure wouldnt go without insurance.. My grades should stay up now that I start my major classes in computer programming in January.. Ive checked all other insurance companies and noone can even come close to my rate with state farm, so Im happy with my rate!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mine is 88 a month with full coverage, multi car, and the steer clear program... I have state farm. I have had multiple tickets and I am 23... But here is where Mine drops, I am married. But before i was married I was at like 124 a month.

My wifes 06 Equinox is like 110 a month, it was like 140 before we got married and she was on my insurance.

Ask about the steer clear program, that helped me out alot!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts