Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I just bought an 07 Envoy and found this great forum. I'd like to get just the center piece of a grille guard (preferably in black) for this car and would like to keep the cost under $300. I've done tons of searching today and saw many pictures of TBs with the center guard, but I haven't seen many Envoys with them. Furthermore, my relatively new model year seems to make this even harder. I came across Antnydude47's pictures here: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost.php?p=705739&postcount=29 and really like how it looks, but I can't find that guard anywhere and don't know for sure if the headlight guards are easily removable. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA!

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chief. Yeah, I looked up Hunter's website and it isn't clear whether they manufacture such a guard for the 07 Envoy. I guess I'd have to call them. Anyone else know if there is an alternative product out there?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
having an 07' isint the reason aftermarket parts are hard to find......having an envoy is the reason aftermarket parts are hard to find:bonk::bonk:

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well during my research I found several members who said they own an 06 TB and couldn't find a good grille guard for it. I assumed the 07 was a similar cutoff for my Envoy. But you're right, you don't see many Envoys with grille guards. I wonder why... Envoys are pretty common on the roads. People don't like upgrading it?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
Well during my research I found several members who said they own an 06 TB and couldn't find a good grille guard for it. I assumed the 07 was a similar cutoff for my Envoy. But you're right, you don't see many Envoys with grille guards. I wonder why... Envoys are pretty common on the roads. People don't like upgrading it?
The 06 TB guys have issues because GM changed the bumper on the TB in 06 I believe. Luckily for you, I think the Envoy has stayed the same throughout the years. Still not a lot of aftermarket options though.

ct_mike
2005 Envoy

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 06 TB guys have issues because GM changed the bumper on the TB in 06 I believe. Luckily for you, I think the Envoy has stayed the same throughout the years. Still not a lot of aftermarket options though.

ct_mike
2005 Envoy
Hehe... I'm not sure if I look at it as "lucky" since, if you think about it, I practically have a unchanged five year old design (relative to the manufacturing date).

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
i have along with other voy owners found that it is difficult to find a retailer that carries aftermarket parts for them one moment they may say they carry them then they dont or out of stock with no restocking or a supplier stops manufacturing it there are many companies that still make stuff for our trucks

stampedeproducts.com ----vent visors/bug shields factory direct

carid.com --formerly woodview due to merger--little bit of everything they are having a 10% off everything

just a matter of google,call,google again,call someone else ect ect but dont give up youll find what you want

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
i have along with other voy owners found that it is difficult to find a retailer that carries aftermarket parts for them one moment they may say they carry them then they dont or out of stock with no restocking or a supplier stops manufacturing it there are many companies that still make stuff for our trucks

stampedeproducts.com ----vent visors/bug shields factory direct

carid.com --formerly woodview due to merger--little bit of everything they are having a 10% off everything

just a matter of google,call,google again,call someone else ect ect but dont give up youll find what you want
carid has a black 3" ith skid plate $309.00 shipped to your door :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts

ct_mike
2005 Envoy
Not that it matters to you (only cause you have an Envoy) but the '06 TB was the same as previous years for the LS model. The LT was the only one that changed in '06. The LS changed in '07.

I have an '06 LS and can use every aftermarket part for anything '02-'05 except for a CAI.

Just saying. Hope you can find something you like. I like my Hunter grille guard for the price. It's not the best, but I did not expect the best for $250. They were helpful before the purchase, but like most things like this, the instructions were really bad, but if you're mechanically inclined, it should be no problem.

Here are some obligatory pictures :)

ANd one without the headlight guards (which is how I normally run it nowadays):

Chris

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks firebear! I'm looking for more of a grille guard, exactly like the one Chris has, but I guess I have to settle with one of those if I can't find one. I actually came across carid during my search - quite an extensive collection!

Chris, yeah I saw yours during my search. That looks great btw... with the LED lights and all... I wish I could mount some emergency lights hehe... Could you tell me where you got your Hunter guards from? And how easy was it to remove the light guards?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Thanks firebear! I'm looking for more of a grille guard, exactly like the one Chris has, but I guess I have to settle with one of those if I can't find one. I actually came across carid during my search - quite an extensive collection!

Chris, yeah I saw yours during my search. That looks great btw... with the LED lights and all... I wish I could mount some emergency lights hehe... Could you tell me where you got your Hunter guards from? And how easy was it to remove the light guards?
I got my Hunter guard off E-Bay. The seller I don't remember now, but I could try to look it up if you need it. The headlight guards come of in about 2 monites, just 4 bolts on each side. There are one piece units out there, so if you want removable headlight guards, make sure the one you get can do that :yes:

The hunter is for looks, I would not trust it for much protection. If you want protection, get a unit that has 4 mounting points. The Hunter mounts only under the bumper. I hit a small deer with it with no problems, but I was not moving very fast when it happened.

Just throwing that out there. It is $250 for a reason. Theguard itself is heave and seems well built, just that it is missing the upper mounts that Wagg and other units have.

Chris

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info Chris. Yeah I'm mainly getting it for the looks but after having read so many threads I'm getting a little worried that the Hunter guard may actually damage my vehicle, as opposed to protect it, in the case of a collision. How is the Waag guard mounted? I can't think of where the upper mounts would go on my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.