Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody out there is using either a jotto desk or some other type of emergency equipment console in their trailvoy.

I know jottodesk makes one, but you really have to do some serious surgery to install it. Anybody know of any other manufacturers that make on for our vehicle. the biggest problem I have found is the center gear shift rather then the column style like most of our department vehicles have. (aka durango, explorer, expedition, tahoe)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
Havier Shield makes one for the Trailblazer. I believe it may also require you to modify the current console, and you won't be able to use the rear heat. I'll try to scan in a flyer I have later.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nah. I never looked in to it cause I decided I didn't want to modify my existing console. I didn't really want to go for an all out console just yet, so I mounted everything either on the side or in the center console box.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
86 Posts
thats so cool i want one. is there any storage inside. probably not huh?.....<---- i dont think that was gramerically correct. does any one know that part # i couldnt find it on there website but they probably have it i just cant find it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thats so cool i want one. is there any storage inside. probably not huh?.....<---- i dont think that was gramerically correct. does any one know that part # i couldnt find it on there website but they probably have it i just cant find it.
Open the PDF file under the Picture. It has all the additional info, including the Part #. (the Basic Console is C-VS-1300-TBZ, the Other Options such as Mic holders, Laptop Attachment, Etc... are other part numbers.)

And, actually, Yes... it does have storage within the unit if you order it with that option. Take a look at the brochure, it has the extra details.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something that makes absolutely no sense to me about this flyer is...

If you have a trailblazer that has like 30 cubic feet of storage room in the rear lift gate area why in the hell would you want to put a K-9 cage in your back seat???? :confused: I mean your just wasting space at this point! :nono:

Besides, I know for a fact that other company's all ready make a slide in/slide out K-9 cage for the rear cargo area for our trucks.

:m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Something that makes absolutely no sense to me about this flyer is...

If you have a trailblazer that has like 30 cubic feet of storage room in the rear lift gate area why in the hell would you want to put a K-9 cage in your back seat???? :confused: I mean your just wasting space at this point! :nono:

Besides, I know for a fact that other company's all ready make a slide in/slide out K-9 cage for the rear cargo area for our trucks.

:m2:
Depending on the usage, many departments have storage shelving built back there, so a K-9 would not fit. Also, they make selonoids that can remotely open the door on a K-9 vehcile if the officer is in trouble, something that would probably not work on the liftgate area too well.

Just some reasonings, but not really sure.

Chris

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Depending on the usage, many departments have storage shelving built back there, so a K-9 would not fit. Also, they make selonoids that can remotely open the door on a K-9 vehcile if the officer is in trouble, something that would probably not work on the liftgate area too well.

Just some reasonings, but not really sure.

Chris
As well as the door popper, the cage often sits on the passenger side of the car so that when the officer deploys the dog or the engages the selonoid the door does not open and allow the K-9 to deploy only to be hit by a passing vehicle. The lift gate allows the dog to deploy from either side of the vehicle causing the same outcome.

Many dog cages also have a human cage right next to dog that often demands complience with very little effort HE HE HE!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
307 Posts
If you are serious about buying one, this is the least expensive dealer I was able to find. I have also attached an estimate that I got for the console and a few other items to use with it.

http://www.prioritylights.com/servlet/the-65/02-dsh-09-Tralblazer-VS-Console/Detail

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
105 Posts
Love that setup.. :drool

How much did that set you back?

Just the console?? I believe it was around 300. That was without the mounting plates for the equipment, etc. It's a little different than the picture now. I have a siren installed, etc so its a little different. It's great though. Keeps things very organized.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts