Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with the cd player in my 04' TB. About 4 days ago everything was working fine, the cd player would load and eject and play. Later that day the cd would not eject. It would still play fine but when I went to eject it would sound like it was about to come out and then it just makes this clicking noise over and over for about 10 seconds until CHECK CD comes on the display. As of this morning I can't get the cd to play anymore and it's still not ejecting....still making the clicking noise as well. I tried pulling the fuse for the radio and disconnecting the battery to see if it would reset but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions before I take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
55 Posts
One other thing you could do that I have found has worked on some factory cd players is to use an old cd that you dont listen to, or one you dont care about and put it partially in there and see if you can work the other cd out by pushing it either down or up depending on how it is trying to eject. Not sure how clear that is but hopefully you understand what I am saying. Other than that the other thing is to get an aftermarket cd player or even navigation:yes: because the price for fixing factory decks is usually more than you pay for a whole new aftermarket cd player. Either way good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts