Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a cd-changer in the TB / Envoy? I'm getting very close to buying a nav system, and I want a changer as well. Any thoughts on where I could sneek it in? :confused:

A few options I'm considering are:

-Under passengar seat (looks pretty tight under there)
-Rear cargo area storage compartment
-Storage compartment in cargo area on right side (where most people mount the sub)
-Glove box (looks like it may be a tight fit).

So...if you could all give me some other ideas that would be great!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Envoy Fan said:
Where ever you put it, I think quick easy access to the changer would be important. :m2:
part of the appeal in a changer is that you don't have to be switching cds all the time, you have access to several at once. granted, i see where you coming from, i have a ton of cds, but it wouldn't be a big deal to have the cd changer be less than accessable while driving.

what kind of changer are you adding? the stock one? if its a shallow 6disc, you might be able to fit it under the rear seat on the passenger side, ive crammed amps and power inverters there before. you just open the door, and viola, you have access to the changer

·
Registered
2006 chevy
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that was my next question. Anyone have an idea of where I can get the stock one that works w/ stock dvd-nav system? (non-bose system)

I don't have a gm part #, but I may have to call the dealer...

·
Registered
2004(gmc envoy
1 Posts
Has anyone installed a cd-changer in the TB / Envoy? I'm getting very close to buying a nav system, and I want a changer as well. Any thoughts on where I could sneek it in? :confused:

A few options I'm considering are:

-Under passengar seat (looks pretty tight under there)
-Rear cargo area storage compartment
-Storage compartment in cargo area on right side (where most people mount the sub)
-Glove box (looks like it may be a tight fit).

So...if you could all give me some other ideas that would be great!
My 2004=envoy has one under dash center console
Where ever you put it, I think quick easy access to the changer would be important. :m2:
I have the parts for install for sale 8053635834

1 - 5 of 5 Posts