Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone installed a cb radio in their trailvoy? i'm thinking about installing one, but don't have a good location picked out yet. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,019 Posts
Are you talking about a normal size mobile radio like a Cobra 148, Galaxy 88, etc or something small like a Cobra 19? So you dont have to make any holes...you can probably velcro a Cobra 19 on the side of the center console.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was hoping for the single din size, but i'm not sure about the space issue. yea i have thought about putting it on the passenger side of the console, but i was just wondering if anyone else had done anything different. thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
398 Posts
Maybe the glove box?

Washo Tribal Police (one of the agencies I dispatch) has trailblazers for patrol units, and don't like them because of the lack of space to mount all the goodies.

I've seen the face of the radio mounted on the roof/headliner, directly above the rearview mirror...I think that works the best for them. Then the rest of it is mounted somewhere else, I don't know where.

The only other place I've seen it mounted is the dashboard. Gotta love double-sided sticky tape.

What about using the center console? I'm looking at running my lighting switches in there, I'm sure the face of the radio would fit in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts