Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

CB install

18K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Spong 
So I got my Firestik mounted.. But my reception is terrible. I went out and bout a nice SRW meter and have it connected right now.. I've got the antanna mounted to the rear bar that goes across the roof rack. Had to get longer bolts for the mount but it's on there pretty good now. Added a spring after nearly taking the roof rack off due to a low lying branch.:) Was curious to see if anyone had any ideas on how to get better reception.

Here is my CB and scanner, I've still got to get the diffrent Firestik coax cable with the o ring. As of right now everything is just kinda wired in pretty much the lazy way. I've got to run all the wires through the firewall. As right now the wires are going through the door channel, but so far it seems to be working alright. I'm thinking about getting a Whelen PA/Airhorn. The PA is 100 Watts so it's going to be a ton louder than the PA is right now. Over by the passenger floorboard you can see the extention speaker for the scanner, it really makes it alot easier to hear the calls that are being dispatched (especially when going down the road at 50 mph)

I'll get some pics of the PA speaker installed also. It's pretty well hidden by the grille.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.