Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please be cautious when dealing with a person calling herself Zita Rina.
She supposedly sells envoy parts but is in with a person calling herself Natasha Nice who supposedly works for FedEx.
Zita was referred to me by a member of this site who used an external reader to read the messages here.
I paid Zita for the rear hatch strap that I needed as well as for $32US shipping.
Between Natasha and a person that is supposedly in Alberta Canada I ended up paying yet more for shipping but never got the strap I paid for.
If you’re going to deal with this Zita person I would be very cautious and deal only on a direct, face to face basis. If paying by PayPal they insist using its friends and family method so you loose your customer protection. I lost over $100 in this scam.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,347 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. By the way, where did you run into these nefarious characters - ebay, Amazon, another forum?

Thanks

·
Read Only
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The person called Zita was referred by a member of this site. I can’t remember his name but can tell you that he uses Tapatalk app to follow messages on this site and sent me a message to contact Zita after I posted the message here that I was looking for that strap.

·
Read Only
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think everyone gets scammed at some point. Fortunately, most of the time you can get your money back.
I tried that with the so called FedEx reps and with Zita but of course they’re not replying to my emails.
Never use FedEx “offline method” because after all this I even doubt if these other folks were even employed by FedEx. Their offline method does not use tracking numbers.

·
Registered
2005 Chevy TB LT 4.2L
43 Posts
I tried that with the so called FedEx reps and with Zita but of course they’re not replying to my emails.
Never use FedEx “offline method” because after all this I even doubt if these other folks were even employed by FedEx. Their offline method does not use tracking numbers.
Did you try paypal?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,051 Posts
"These folks would only accept PayPal Friends and Family. "

THAT'S the big clue!

I hate PayPal and the stuff they tried to do to me on a New Zealand-US transaction where they "impounded" my money because I had to have an account with them.

My bank straightened them out - but quick!

Hell -- they wanted my SS#, Mother's Maiden Name, my DOD-ID, the last three addresses I lived at, my banking password(s) and account routing numbers ----

Pthwaaat!

·
Read Only
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"These folks would only accept PayPal Friends and Family. "

THAT'S the big clue!

I hate PayPal and the stuff they tried to do to me on a New Zealand-US transaction where they "impounded" my money because I had to have an account with them.

My bank straightened them out - but quick!

Hell -- they wanted my SS#, Mother's Maiden Name, my DOD-ID, the last three addresses I lived at, my banking password(s) and account routing numbers ----

Pthwaaat!
I learned that the hard way as I had never used this part of the PayPal service. It’s all over now and have a replacement strap I was able to get locally.

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
92 Posts
Insisting you use the PayPal's 'Friends & Family' transaction method is a dead giveaway something is amiss, probably for the following reasons:
First, they, and you, are violating PayPal's terms of use (I don't understand why PayPal's the 'bad guy' here).
Second, they are attempting to bypass the tax man.
Third, they are attempting to make themselves untraceable to you as you found the hard way.

Sorry they got you but when rules are bent or circumvented, someone WILL get paid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The person called Zita was referred by a member of this site. I can’t remember his name but can tell you that he uses Tapatalk app to follow messages on this site and sent me a message to contact Zita after I posted the message here that I was looking for that strap.
To be safe use rock auto good prices and fast shipping

1 - 14 of 14 Posts