Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Piston Ring Service at 665 Erin Street in Winnipeg. I had scheduled a CASE relearn for my PCMforless tune, and they had me in and out in less than five minutes.

They do the relearn on a Genysis tool, and they let me watch. Rob Reimer was the service writer and he knew EXACTLY what I wanted, how long it would take and charged me only $35.

Wow ... cheap, fast AND friendly! You can't beat this.

(Quite frankly, I was very reluctant to get a tuned PCM until I found out someone in town had a Genysis tool and could do the relearn for me.)

Hope this helps fellow Winnipeg Trailvoys!

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
You could have done the loaner program. There's no CASE relearn in that process just security, which you do.
They way the traffic is across the border with packages the thought of all the shipping and waiting for Customs:duh: I'm sure it was a matter of convenience.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Convenience, plus with an 04, I needed all the GM updates.

And I am a belt-and-suspenders kinda guy, so I wanted to keep my factory PCM.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:):)
It's the nature of my job. There is no room for error, and if I make a mistake, you will read about it in a thousand newspapers in the morning.

The figurative belt ... suspenders ... AND binder twine holding up THESE puppies, I tell you!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
at least they knew what a case relearn was.....went to a couple dealerships in the city and they looked all dumb founded :bonk:when I told them I needed a case relearn...thats why I went with a loaner program......

·
Registered
2006 chevy
45 Posts
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner. I own a Dashhawk and would gladly do case learns/fuel trim resets/data logging etc for fellow members.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner. I own a Dashhawk and would gladly do case learns/fuel trim resets/data logging etc for fellow members.
That is very generous my friend!

How is the new SS build going? Smoke any SRT8s yet?

The only problem with the Dashhawk is that yours will be a CAN-enabled version for most 2006 and on Trailblazers; I would have needed the pre-CAN version for my truck. Thanks for the offer anyway!

We should continue this thread with some of the specialized tools that we may have kicking around and we wouldn't mind lending out to fellow members. Good tools were made to be USED and enjoyed by people who can respect them, after all.

I have a OBDII scanner of course, and I also picked up an Actron ABS code reader. (Most consumer scan tools will NOT read ABS codes, but this one will.)
http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16349

I also picked up a Motive power bleeder for bleeding brakes. (This is a job that should be done every few years.)
http://www.wheelwax.ca/products/10050.html

When I replaced my oxygen sensor last month, I picked up the special sensor socket for installing the sensor. It is simply a 7/8 socket with a slot for the sensor wiring. (To remove a sensor - especially if it is the original one - the best thing to do is cut the wire at the sensor and use a regular deep six-point impact socket to remove it. It will be VERY tight and may even need a breaker bar to get it going.) I would gladly lend out my deep impact socket for removal and the special sensor socket to any Winnipeg members changing their sensor and plugs.

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
That sounds like a cool idea. A sharing thread for your local areas to share stuff with other members. Even things like a special wholesale connection for parts. If somebody works there and can score some parts at a good discount then it would be a plus for the guys in the area :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
299 Posts
That sounds like a cool idea. A sharing thread for your local areas to share stuff with other members. Even things like a special wholesale connection for parts. If somebody works there and can score some parts at a good discount then it would be a plus for the guys in the area :thumbsup:
I'll talk to my wife(NAPA)and see what she can do for us here in Vancouver. Apparently they have the Mustang Association Club for an account, I can't see why we can't get a Trailvoy account set up there.

I'll let you know
Jeff

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great idea. I like Napa.

I wonder if she can set up a Canada-wide account for Trailvoy?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
299 Posts
I don't see why that couldn't happen either. I believe it would be setup as a cash account, but with a discount of course. The amount of the discount I'm not sure of until my wife is back to work next week.

I'll let you know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts