Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and have just ordered a tuned PCM from PCM4LESS. I was an idiot and didn't read the instructions that I now need a CASE relearn. I have not yet found anyone in Minnesota that knows how to do it or has the Tech II. My local Chevy dealership said they'd do it for $135, which is almost as much as the tune itself... WOW! Also, I'm pretty sure the guy at the Chevy dealership had NO CLUE what I was talking about and probably just assumed something else and hurried me off of the phone telling me it will be $135.

Is there anyone on this forum from Minnesota or Wisconsin that has had the CASE relearn done or can do it for me? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Also, on the order sheet I asked PCM4LESS to tune the PCM for a cat delete. I have not yet gotten the cat removed, but I was wondering if I should have it removed before I install the new PCM or after I install it? I thought the answer would be to have the cat removed and then install as the new PCM is tuned for my Trailblazer not to have it.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I really find this site useful and am very appreciative that it is here.

-Adam

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
When I got my tune back in 06 or 07 I went to a local garage who at the time only had a Genesis scan tool. He was didn't know if he could do it but tried anyway. We would up using an S10 Blazer profile and it worked. I still remember when the scan tool asked to verify the 4.3(in the blazer). He looks at me and I say 4.2. He then says close enough :crackup: and it worked. Give it a shot. Someone has to be willing to check

He did it no charge since he learned a new trick that day

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luis, thank you for the input. I may just have to wing it like you did if no one on this forum can direct me on where to go. Kelly from PCM4LESS just emailed me saying to not worry about the case relearn after I have read countless threads with Kelly saying to do it and others being very sure that it should be done, and now I get an email saying don't worry about it.... Ugh, what to do, what to do..Anyways, my check engine soon light has been on for years in my trailblazer, so even if I did get it done I'd never know if anything went wrong with the engine unless it was super obvious, because that light won't go off.. I'm torn right now! 4 days ago I thought this would be a nice and easy tune/install.. What was I thinking!? NOTHING is easy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.