Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I'm so glad I found this site...it's GREAT!

I just bought an slightly used 08 Envoy with charcoal colored carpeting. There a few bleach stains in the floor carpet under the rear seats and in the cargo area (each is about the size of a DVD). I'm looking into dying these to match the rest of the carpet and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on this. Is this a DIY job for someone who has never dyed anything before? Can auto detailers do this? Any idea how expensive?

Thanks in advance!!

- TM

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
wow.... ive had friends dye complete items a different color but never saw anyone try to color match the existing fabric. that may be a nightmare, becareful because ive seen dyes run also. i dont know if it was the brand they used or how they did it. just becareful. hopefully someone with experience will chime in shortly.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
yeah good luck with dying a spot and have it match....Duplicolor actually makes a vynl and fabric spray paint....you can get it at any auto parts store,,i prefer napa,,mine here has a whole wall of duplicolor products.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Take it to an upholstery shop. You can either let them to do it for you or get some matching dye from them to do it yourself. It is not a complicated process, but you need the right tools

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
hey thought i could help. I've been doing carpet cleaning for 5 years and have done several whole dye and spot dye jobs myself, its really not that hard you just have to make sure you have the right tone and spray it on even if you want to do it your self or If u can go to a carpet cleaning businees near you and ask them they can give you a quote on it, it will be cheaper since you can just bring the job to them and they should be very good at matching the color for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts