Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting water in my "secret spot" in my cargo area after a hard rain. I was wondering if I purchased a liner would it stop the water? If it does what is best to do leave the carpet or pull it? 2002 TB LS

Thanks in advance,,
B. Peterson

·
Registered
13 Posts
That sounds like it could be a broken seal around the rear tailgate. I would start there and check everything for any cuts cracks or tears in that rubber liner. If it does rain and keep getting wet I would suggest parking it under a awning or some place that you know will stay dry and leave the windows and back glass open to let air out and dry over the night. It will prevent the carpet from molding

·
Registered
13 Posts
That sounds like it could be a broken seal around the rear tailgate. I would start there and check everything for any cuts cracks or tears in that rubber liner. If it does rain and keep getting wet I would suggest parking it under a awning or some place that you know will stay dry and leave the windows and back glass open to let air out and dry over the night. It will prevent the carpet from molding
A back liner would protect the carpet ish from the rain but it wouldn't stop the leak

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,647 Posts
Hmmmm... I get the musty-mildew smell in my EXT secret spot but I cannot detect a problem with the hatch gasket... anywhere...

... but I'll look again..

Thanks for that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmmm... I get the musty-mildew smell in my EXT secret spot but I cannot detect a problem with the hatch gasket... anywhere...

... but I'll look again..

Thanks for that!
I that was the biggest problem with my friends Trailblazer with the heavy rain it would leak. I had an issue with my old trailblazer that the rear washer. The house for the washer fluid had popped off on the inside of the hatch and would leak into the rear everytime I tried to use it for the rear. That's the only think I could think of unless if the part above the spare had rusted out and madea how allowing water into that spot. If it's an ext and has the rear vents, it could also be leaving from there I presume. It could be some kind of condensation from the rear ac system. Just a list of possible water build up where I would check first

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
40 Posts
I keep getting water in my "secret spot" in my cargo area after a hard rain. I was wondering if I purchased a liner would it stop the water? If it does what is best to do leave the carpet or pull it? 2002 TB LS

Thanks in advance,,
B. Peterson
Mine was the gasket for that section around the license plate. It has gotten forced inside the lift gate, probably from car washes, and was allowing water into the lift gate and it would drain out the bottom into the rear storage section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was the gasket for that section around the license plate. It has gotten forced inside the lift gate, probably from car washes, and was allowing water into the lift gate and it would drain out the bottom into the rear storage section.
Mine was the same, it leaked down inside the door and made the latch all corroded, I still need a new latch but I cleaned it up enough that it functions...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts