Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello trailvoy community,

i am a new member and i am in the middle of fixing a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer I6 4.2 anyways, originally the starter was bad so i took the starter out bought a remanufactured starter from napa and installed it lasted one day then went out had the truck towed home and in the process of taking the bad starter out the key got stuck in the ignition, and whats wierd is that it stuck where it will leave power on the car like in the first turn on the ignition now we couldnt get the key out so i just disconnected the battery so the key on doesnt drain battery, next i got another started tested it before i put it in installed it and still the car doesnt turn on and another thing that is weird is that now i have everything hooked up battery, starter, and the key is stuck in ignition on first turn you try to turn the car on everything loses power if you turn it to acc mode radio lights cluster is on but when you try to crank it on everything loses power the cluster even blacks out strange ...stuck right now if anyone knows what could be wrong help would be appreciated...??

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if anyone knows any ideas on what it could please post what you think i would appreciate it very much

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks freddy

i connected the battery with jumper cables from my car to my mother in laws car and let it sit for about 30 min and tryed and still nothing does that matter when you talk about test loading a battery??

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine, it turned out it was a bad battery, mine would not jump start either. You might want to look at your altenator it may have bad diodes in it causing the battery to go bad.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
28 Posts
Is the gearshift in park? I know it's a stupid question but sometimes when you work on stuff you overlook even the most obvious things. I was just thinking the key being stuck and the car not starting sounded like it was left in gear.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
problem solved

dear trailvoy community i want to thank everyone for your input on helping get through this i finally figured out what the problem was it was the ignition fuse 34. the fuse was blown and it was a bad battery im guessing after i put in the new starter and try to crank the car on it blew the fuse then the key got stuck in the ignition after i bought new fuse and popped it in key popped right out then tryed to crank then it turned on thank everyone again for anwering back these forum websites are a real big help to me ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts