Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 TB EXT vibrates when the car is in drive and stopped at a light. When driving no vibration is felt. It starts slightly and then increases in intensity as you sit. It doesn't do it in Reverse or Park. I've turned off the A/C and it still does it. Help TB family.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Check Engine Light

I cleaned the throttle body about 6 months ago. I've changed the spark plugs as well as new water pump and fan clutch. I don't have a Check Engine light.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Ok. try disconnecting the battery for 10 min.

That will return the PCM to the factory specs, removing any learned driving habits

That should give us a clean starting point.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
My 03 TB EXT vibrates when the car is in drive and stopped at a light. When driving no vibration is felt. It starts slightly and then increases in intensity as you sit. It doesn't do it in Reverse or Park. I've turned off the A/C and it still does it. Help TB family.
Hi,

Logically speaking, no codes, haven't changes the exhaust pipe or barrel, I sense the problem is only an engine mounting part torn recently. have the two mounting parts checked first before you waste any money checking electrical parts.
Drive + stop = pressure from the engine on one side.
Parking or Neutral = no pressure.
Reverse = Pressure on the opposite side.
Driving + acceleration = Vibration first then release.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vibrations

UPDATE: The vibrations have stopped on their own. It's thermostat change time, car overheated in traffic, one hose hot, the other hose cool. where is the dang thermostat and why are they asking me to remove the alternator?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
UPDATE: The vibrations have stopped on their own. It's thermostat change time, car overheated in traffic, one hose hot, the other hose cool. where is the dang thermostat and why are they asking me to remove the alternator?
The thermostat is on the driver's side of the engine. The lower radiator attaches to it. Yes you DO need to remove the alternator. This has been discussed a LOT here. Hate to say it - but do a search. Rbarrios has posted a how to with photos.
The lower bolt on the alternator is a real pain. Someone else has done it without removing the alternator.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
3 Posts
I have this same vibration in my 2004 2wd 6 cyl Envoy xuv. Have new throttle body and spark plugs. I also replaced the engine mounts. The engine light is not on. However, a mechanic where I work checked it with his expensive diagnostic tool and it picked up something with the antilock braking system. The vibration goes away after disconnecting the battery. So, it appears to be a problem that gets learned by the computer. I'm thinking it's either a sensor or a short somewhere. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
15 Posts
Any New info on this issue?

I have the same issue - been vibrating for 30K miles - Only when in gear at idle. Chevy Dealer and independent mechanic can't find a problem - engine mounts checked.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
3 Posts
Any New info on this issue?

I had this same problem and have a post here. The shaking went away a couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason. I suspect the shaking was caused by low transmission fluid or an air pocket in the lines bringing transmission fluid to and from the radiator.

I took it in to get the oil changed before going on a trip and asked them to be sure to check the transmission fluid. I know that some places, that say they check all fluids, often do not check the transmission fluid. One reason I was concerned about the t-fluid level is I removed the t-fluid lines leading to and from the radiator when I replaced the fan clutch and some leaked. The problem seemed to have started about that time.

I drove off after getting my oil changed and it was fine after that. I never got a chance to ask if the transmission fluid was low or if they did anything else that might have solved the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine mounts contain oil in order to decrease the engine vibrations to the least possible. This oil may leak at any time with you noticing that. Checking the mounts on these trucks is very tricky. Actually. if yor truck is 5 years old, go ahead and replace the engine mounts with the riginal ones. If you use aftermarket ones, you will not have all the engine vibrations eliminated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.