Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
1 Posts
Eureka! Starter eazy out.

I had one of those moments when I realized that in step 3 (Remove the rear steering gear crossmember", that thing comes out in 2 pieces. First is the horizontal 3 parts welded assembly. I thought that was it and spent a few hours trying to fit the starter through the space near the oil filter. There is another part of the rear steering gear crossmember, a much simpler C shaped cross piece right there. 4 bolts removes that and the starter will fall right out. :duh:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
9 Posts
So, I just did this job (ugh, not a lot of fun) and wanted to update the tips in this thread and others.

Some people have tried to remove via bell housing/transmission end of vehicle. Won't work. No need to jack up engine (at least in my case). No need to remove "transmission cover" (bell housing dust cover?).

I want to stress: remove the trans cooler lines bracket. Turn starter around (nose cone facing front of vehicle) and upright, move towards front of vehicle; spread trans cooler lines away from engine to make room. This is is very important; a lot of threads don't really detail this.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Hello, I have an 05 trailblazer 5.3l. I replaced the starter. Car ran good for a week then randomly no start,no crank. Battery is good, alternator is good, new ignition switch, new starter relay. What's the issue.... PLEASE HELP

21 - 25 of 25 Posts