Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,965 Posts
hey neighbor :tiphat

i'm thinking that it is a problem with the passenger module. do the dome lights work when you open that door? does the passenger door lock when you press the power locks? the window motor is controlled by a logic circuit that gets inupt from the switch in the passenger door as well as the class2 data bus (from the driver door) so if that logic is fried that may be your issue.

if you're looking for a reasonable replacement, there are two used auto parts stores on starkey road i usually go to

Starkey Auto Parts

Clearwater Automotive

it doesn't matter what color the trim on it is, you can replace it with the trim from your old module

· Banned
5,965 Posts
Neighbor Jimmyjam sounds like your in pinellas county also, love it down here.
the only way to lock the door is manually as far as the dome light not sure but i doubt it. but it sounds like you might be on the rite track cause I cant figure out my the master control works fine that is except for the passenger door functions, can you explain more to me on that logical input thingy. Thank you neighbor
well you see instead of having a separate wire going into the door for window up / window down as well as lock/unlock, mirror controls, door switch, etc, there is only one wire going into the door that is a data wire (along with power and ground, of course, and speaker wires i guess). the "door module" (the thing the switch is on that all the wires connect to) decodes the signal on the data bus and does whatever the data bus tells it to do (unlock the door, roll down the window). it also uses that to send data back like when the door is open. the window switch isn't like a light switch in your house that completes a circuit, it is just a signal to the door module to roll down the window. so if the door module fries, most of the functions in your door go away. unless you did something bad and you think you might have severed the data wire going into your door, it is probably just a bad door module. with the rain we get down here, theres a good chance water got in there and cooked it.

I'm up the road in Clearwater, you should come to the meet in october
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=76027
maybe we'll set up a mini meet before then, october seems so far away :cool:

· Banned
5,965 Posts
if you're in my neighborhood we can swap in my door module and make sure its the module and not the wiring before you drop money on one. they're going for $50 on ebay.

theres a u-pull-it on brian diary, big3 truck salvage
never been there but maybe it'll be cheaper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.