Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not get into my 2002 gmc envoy. The lock cylinder turns with a key but feels like there is no tension in the lock when turned. The door remains locked but i can not get in manually. The key fob recently lost in the snow so i can't get in that way either. Has anyone heard of the lock mechanism actually failing? I live in a fairly remote area where the closest dealer is over a 100 miles away. its also about 8 degrees outside... so its been colder then that and never had any issues with the locks before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it is my only mode of transportation!!!

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
483 Posts
not to be a smart ass but have you unlocked the pass. side door and climbed in that way? or unlocked it from that side n walked around? ive never heard of the lock failing but if you can get in from the pass. side you can try to pull the door panel off and see if u find anything.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
257 Posts
I wouldn't be able to open the passenger side door if the driver side key was not working and I didn't have a remote either. Only key hole on mine is on the driver's side door. I know you can get keyed passenger side handles, but not all of our trucks have them. I would have to try jimmying it, call a locksmith friend of mine, or sacrifice one of the small rear passenger wedge windows, depending on where I was (like if I was up camping in a very remote area that had no cell coverage and was miles from civilization)... :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
I think locksmith is the only way. My son hit the lock button on my remote one day at walmart and he dropped the keys inside while i started shutting the door.TRied to jimmy it open, using a homemade slim jim that always worked with my f150. Tried the hanger trick through the window and if you wrap around the handle and pull it still wont unlock because their security im guessing. So i had to pay $40 to a locksmith to open it and it even took him 5 minutes to open with his stuff. Good luck..

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
164 Posts
Try the back

Try the hatch there should be a lock on the back. :coffee

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
890 Posts
Try the hatch there should be a lock on the back. :coffee
My truck is like the OP, I only have the keyhole in the drivers door. Can't remember ever seeing one on the back hatch. . . just the handle to open the whole hatch and the button thing for the glass :undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
164 Posts
I'm not sure about yours then my friends envoy has a lock on the button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts