Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 Envoy, 4.2, Auto. 4 wheel drive. After i had to have the shop install a new fuel pump, i can not get the tank full of fuel with out the pump kicking off several times. The shop told me it was the vapor canister purge valve. so i replaced that, still no change, no check engine light. I lowered the fuel tank to make sure there was no lines that were kinked, none. Next, i replace the charcoal canister, still no good, still cant pump gas with out taken 30 minutes to get a full tank.I call the shop back up and now they tell me that they dont want to see it back. So what i am i overlooking? All lines are in great shape, all clips are in place and holding good.Thank you for reading this.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is an update... with the lines to the charcoal canister removed, I can pump gas with no issues.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
105 Posts
Does your vehicle have the fuel hose connecting the fill neck to the tank, which has a check-valve in it?

Made all the difference with my '03. Some gas pumps would cause it to "burp" gasoline all over the fender. Others didn't. The vehicle was made to have the check-valve; but GM cheaped-out, failed to include it on at least the early ones.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have a line from the fill tube that runs down to the top of the fuel tank (not the fill tube) then splits off in a different direction..

·
Registered
3 Posts
After my fuel pump was replaced on my 05 I had this problem. So frustrating it kept clicking off like it was full. It still does it from time to time, usually only when its cold out for whatever reason. Does it more often if I let it get below 1/4 tank. I know it sounds stupid- but my grandpa told me to hold the nozzle from the gas pump sideways when it does that. 9/10 times pumping the gas into it at a different angle holding the nozzle parallel to the ground works. It makes no sense to me why this works. Ancient grandpa wisdom.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
133 Posts
my grandpa told me to hold the nozzle from the gas pump sideways when it does that. 9/10 times pumping the gas into it at a different angle holding the nozzle parallel to the ground works. It makes no sense to me why this works. Ancient grandpa wisdom.
Your Gramps has obviously been there and done that .
It's exactly what I found to do the trick on our '04 Envoy .

I believe it has to do with the overflow hose 'placement'.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE------- I now have the fuel tank out of the truck, now a question that sound stupid, If i was to pump air into the "hole" where the fill neck would connect to the tank, and pump air into it, should i be able to feel or hear air coming out of the metal tube coming off the fuel pump?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
565 Posts
your saying if you pump air into the fill neck, there's air escaping through the fuel line off the fuel pump, if so, I believe so yes.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your saying if you pump air into the fill neck, there's air escaping through the fuel line off the fuel pump, if so, I believe so yes.
When I pump air in the fill neck, I do not get any air out the steel tube that come off the fuel pump.

Also, what is the porpoise of the 2 vents on the top of the tank? A green one on the front and a white one on the rear.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your Gramps has obviously been there and done that .
It's exactly what I found to do the trick on our '04 Envoy .

I believe it has to do with the overflow hose 'placement'.
Turning the pump nozzle sideways does nothing, still can't pump gas into the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts