Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I have an 06 Trailblazer 4.2 i6 with a fried engine. I've been calling around to see who has motors at what prices so on and so forth...what I'm coming to the conclusion of is it "seems" it's all the same motor (minus some horsepower) so ultimately my question is can I put an 04 TB motor (i6 4.2) in an 06...will the sensors sync etc? THANKS!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
169 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying back, yeah, I've read all into that one before posting this thread and in the end you still leave with the same question. I guess I'm looking for someone who has done it already and can tell me from experience that it can be done with no hick-ups.

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
Whats wrong with the '06 engine?

Physically it will all fit sensors work etc...

But why would want to do this you give up power, devalue the truck for anyone that knows what they are looking at.

There were significant changes in '06. Unless the '06 has a rod hanging outside the block, I'd tend to fix it.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Im with Marc on this one, you can theoretically put an 04 engine into an 06 without any issues but you'll need to either swap the head from the 06 to the 04 or swap the wiring harness for the coil packs with the harness of an 04.

Not plug n play by any means, plus you'll be losing the redesigned head and a few other things that GM did between 04 and 06.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts