2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,570 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Ditto to what Jevans2003LT said!

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Well, the wiring for fog lights is likely there. I guess the real questions are, 1, do you really need fog lights, and 2, how much are you willing to spend?

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Fog lights are good for one thing - Fog. Country driving requires properly aimed headlights in order to see what is ahead of you within stopping distance. I've had plenty experience driving country roads after dark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has factory fog lights and they just point strait down. Only way you can tell they are even on is see the light from the side while driving. Don't know if there is even a way to adjust them so I just never use them.

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
574 Posts
Mine has factory fog lights and they just point strait down. Only way you can tell they are even on is see the light from the side while driving. Don't know if there is even a way to adjust them so I just never use them.
Intresting I never had issues with mine

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
539 Posts
MOSTLY, "Fog lights" are a total waste of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm.

Morons turn them on...and leave them on for the life of the vehicle. This is and rightfully should be illegal. I see dirtbags with four and even six lights on the front of their vehicle, when there's oncoming traffic, and even in daytime. There's no end of stupid and inconsiderate people.

REAL fog lights are somewhat useful in fog. You'd turn the fog lights on, and turn the headlights off. But what's sold as "fog lights" are neither wired properly, nor aimed properly to do a decent job.

Reactions: chem_man

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
103 Posts
MOSTLY, "Fog lights" are a total waste of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm.

Morons turn them on...and leave them on for the life of the vehicle. This is and rightfully should be illegal. I see dirtbags with four and even six lights on the front of their vehicle, when there's oncoming traffic, and even in daytime. There's no end of stupid and inconsiderate people.

REAL fog lights are somewhat useful in fog. You'd turn the fog lights on, and turn the headlights off. But what's sold as "fog lights" are neither wired properly, nor aimed properly to do a decent job.
You are correct about the Morons. Unfortunately, they seem to propogate.

Having lived 50 years in fog country, over the course of every decade, there were always a few nights in the country they came in handy. Of course, they have to be REAL fog lights (yellow) and they must be aimed properly or they become worthless to you and dangerous to others. If your speed never drops below 35 MPH, you don't need them.
BTW: it is ILLEGAL, at least in California, to drive in the dark without headlights on with your fog lamps.

Personally, I find DRIVING lights to be much more useful and used quite often on my Pontiac, but not, alas on the TB which fortunately has pretty decent factory spec bulbs, so I don't miss them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts