Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently LEASING a 2006 TBSS and was talking to all different people about cat-back exhaust systems. Maybe someone can help me ? Here goes, Can i put om a cat-back system and not be penalized by GM when i return the vehicle? I thought I was in the clear when Corsa came out with there cat-back only to find out that they are no longer licensed by GM :mad: . So what shpuld i do?

Thanks Gang

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts
How would they know?

I really doubt they would know the difference. I would not be afraid to tune the truck either.

They are looking more for damage when you return the truck. Things that keep them from resaling at full value.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
790 Posts
Can't you just hang on to the stock exhaust and put it back on before you return the TB?
Yeah, I think that's a good plan right there. That's what I'd do if I was leasing and then sell the exhaust when you give the truck back.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
I have a smart buy on my, I have a tune, CAI and HSRK, the resonator is removed... I am not worried, I have all the stock stuff to put back on IF i decide not to keep it, After working at a Chevy Dealer for years... They dont really care as long as it doesnt hurt the resale value of the vehicle. If you do something redical you can always put it back to stock.

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you, or someone you know, including your leasing(selling) dealer is willing to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease then there will be no penalty...it also depends on how thorough or knowledgable the appraising agent is, as to whether or not they notice the new exhaust...I have done several mods to my last 6 leased vehicles and was never penalized for any of them. These included exhaust, intake, skip shift eliminators, mud flaps, rear window air deflectors, running boards, cd changers, etc...of course this is only my experience, your actual experience may vary.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am currently LEASING a 2006 TBSS and was talking to all different people about cat-back exhaust systems. Maybe someone can help me ? Here goes, Can i put om a cat-back system and not be penalized by GM when i return the vehicle? I thought I was in the clear when Corsa came out with there cat-back only to find out that they are no longer licensed by GM :mad: . So what shpuld i do?

Thanks Gang
99% of the time if it's a cat back with resonator or a touring system you will be fine. But you can cut the stock exhaust and reweld if your concerned .

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
:)

One of the customers GTO's we are trying to break the bolt-on dyno record with is a lease vehicle. :p

I would just be prepared to return the vehicle to stock if need be.

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
What do you consider "bolt-on"????
No head work, no cam work.

We also are trying on another car to set a ET record. Its a blue GTO without headers, stock cats, intake, tune, weld in mufflers and nitto 555 non R tires.. The only real mods are a ported TB, Tune, mufflers, and intake. Right now its ran a best of a 12.29 @ 114mph. We got a few more tricks and hope to see 12.teens out of it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
No head work, no cam work.

We also are trying on another car to set a ET record. Its a blue GTO without headers, stock cats, intake, tune, weld in mufflers and nitto 555 non R tires.. The only real mods are a ported TB, Tune, mufflers, and intake. Right now its ran a best of a 12.29 @ 114mph. We got a few more tricks and hope to see 12.teens out of it.

How bout a blower, you pretty much just bolt them on right :D j/k

Mod away NoMoreLT1 :cool: :yes: :m2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
How bout a blower, you pretty much just bolt them on right :D j/k

Mod away NoMoreLT1 :cool: :yes: :m2:
That's what I was wondering because those times have been beat for quite awhile. I would consider a blower kit or turbo kit a bolt on. I am guessing you really mean naturally asparated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts