Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am getting ready to move from GA to AZ what I am wondering is would a u-haul trailer that is 6ft by 12ft, and could my tb tow that will all of my stuff. i aint got much i think, i mean everything i got fits in a 420sqft apt.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
134 Posts
You bet! Just make sure that you check the surge brake on the trailer. I rented one one time and did not check it. It was bone dry and corroded up, so it had NO brakes. It makes a huge difference. Uhaul is horrible about maintenence.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i take it i got something on my truck that works with there brakes, lol never really towed anything non army lol so i dont know lol

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
No. The surge brake is built into the trailer. As you apply the TB brakes the trailer pushes against hitch and applies the trailer brakes. There should be a brake fluid reservoir near where the trailer connects to the vehicle. Open it and make sure it has brake fluid and not water or empty.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Glad to help. My son and I moved his stuff in that size trailer using his '97 Astro from Orlando to Milwaukee last summer with no problems. And the Astro has about 100HP less than the TB. One more thing to check is the air in the tires of the trailer. Make sure they are all the same pressure. You won't have to constantly fight the wheel to go straight. Best bet is to fill to max or close on the way from picking it up. Then, after the trailer is packed, check again to make sure all tires have equal pressure.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:duh: I missed that on your second post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts