Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post on this great site. I was just wondering if its safe/ and or damaging to tow a Centurion Avalanche c4 wakeboat (i have a 07' trailblazerLT 4x4) . It's dry weight is around 4000lbs and the trailer is another 1000lbs, however when i tow it, it usually has a full tank of gas and is packed with coolers, wakeboards, tubes etc. So I'm thinking it weighs around 5500 - 5600lbs. I've looked into those special trailer hitches that seems to somehow make the load less but will this help? I have a picture of how low the truck sits when the boat is attached but dont know how to post it...

Thanks, Vez

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
438 Posts
Vez, you are near/at the tow limit. You arent going to want to do that without the proper maintenance/add-ons like a additional trans cooler. (I see that you are in Canada but transmissions will still over heat in colder climates!)

Personally, if I were to do it, I wouldnt go far and stay under 40mph. If a tire were to blow on the boat trailer or something else, that rig would have total control of your truck and the results can be fatal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch, I will definitely look into getting one these :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the help guys but my parents just bought a GMC Yukon Denali, which will definitely be able to pull the boat.:p

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
975 Posts
tow

Thanks a lot for the help guys but my parents just bought a GMC Yukon Denali, which will definitely be able to pull the boat.:p
Much better idea!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts